Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMR Thoughts

Downloads
    Uploads

RMR Thoughts

I'm seeing some deals on RMRs and am considering picking one up to properly dress up my New Zealand LMT. NZ uses a 4x32 ACOG with RMR on top. The contract was issues before the RMR Type 2 came out, so I presume they are the original RMR and not the adjustable version. That said, I'm not trying to create an exact clone.

So, a few questions:

Is the type 2 a significant enough improvement that I should be willing to spend $50-$100 extra?
    Is the Adjustable the way to go? This is for a backup mounted on top of an ACOG, I'm guessing I don't really need the Adjustable version.

That said, the cheapest option right now is the "type 1" Adjustable ($370 from Lanbos). Any reason why I shouldn't just go with that? I guess if I want to be "correct" for NZ I could lookout for a used, non-adjustable, "type 1".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Is the type 2 a significant enough improvement that I should be willing to spend $50-$100 extra?
    Is the Adjustable the way to go? This is for a backup mounted on top of an ACOG, I'm guessing I don't really need the Adjustable version.

That said, the cheapest option right now is the "type 1" Adjustable ($370 from Lanbos). Any reason why I shouldn't just go with that? I guess if I want to be "correct" for NZ I could lookout for a used, non-adjustable, "type 1".
    If I recall correctly, the Type 2 improvements were made primarily to fight the flicker on pistol use. For a rifle, I think you’re be fine with a type 1. And I’d completely go with an adjustable. You get control of the brightness, and it’s really easy to adjust.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don’t know much and briefly had a type 2 rm06.

I researched a bunch and type 2’s supposedly helped with the battery problems, but there’s flicker plates and seals/filler plates for the gen 1’s

Along with the on/off feature of the adjustable, even though the others adjust and you might not ever want to change brightness, but the ability to do so is nice. I like the rm06 the best for me.

Assume your talking about this one..seems like a decent deal for new..not the best.

Don’t forget the seal/flicker plate
    https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=1515

Downloads
    Uploads
    That price is hella good. Lanbo's blowin' 'em out.
    Last edited by Joelski; 18 April 2019 at 04:22.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Gents. I went ahead and ordered the RMR06 from Lanbos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You already ordered, but Big Tex Outdoors just got a batch of Type 1 RM06s as well and they're a great price.

cjd3 is correct on the difference between Type 1 and 2. I've never heard stellar things about the non-adjustable versions. Mine have always been adjustable and have been great (type 1).

Don’t forget the seal/flicker plate
    You won't need the seal plate on an ACOG. The mount is uniform so the seal on the RMR will be enough. The plate is for pistolas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man that's a smoking deal. I wish I had seen those before I ordered 2 Type 2 RM06's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll be happy with the adjustable type 1. I've used RMRs on various builds for a long time. I tend to force them on a certain brightness and leave it there, the auto-adjustment never really gets bright enough for me and in some conditions (shooting from dark room into light) they can be problematic. Don't know much about the type 2, but I've never had trouble with my type 1's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    You already ordered, but Big Tex Outdoors just got a batch of Type 1 RM06s

You won't need the seal plate on an ACOG. The mount is uniform so the seal on the RMR will be enough. The plate is for pistolas.
    Gotcha, and some report still flickering problems, without. It was more so for that issue. Or a piece of elec. tape like so many use will work I guess.

It’s not a smoking deal imo, new type 2’s can be found for around 400

Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks like the NZDF uses the adjustable RMR after all:

Downloads
    Uploads
    was gana say, as soon as the ACRO hits hard the used RMR market will be crazy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Gotcha, and some report still flickering problems, without. It was more so for that issue. Or a piece of elec. tape like so many use will work I guess.

The flickering happens on pistols, not rifles, though. That's where there's the concern. I've had two RM06s (before they were "Type 1") on top of ACOGs and they've never had an issue. The issue mainly comes up because of the contact "arm" on the side of the battery doesn't have enough pressure to maintain pressure and the connection, which exacerbates any movement "down" by the battery as it's jostled by recoil. The Type 2 addresses this by adding a second contact arm and by adding prongs on the positive contact area so that the whole thing is more "sprung" in the battery compartment.

A simple fix for a type 1 in a pistol is to put a non-conductive item (like styrofoam) up against the contact arm which will force the connection. A plate, like you mentioned, will help keep upward pressure, as well. But I've found neither of those necessary on a rifle/ACOG setup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post

THANKS10 always get you 10% off though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    THANKS10 always get you 10% off though.
    At where? It won’t work at lanbos

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see now, that code works for Big Tex.

Good info gator. I didn’t know it was s problem only on pistols.. more violent movement I guess