Downloads
    Uploads

What do you think about the new American Defense Red Dots?

I was looking at the new American Defense micro dots on Optics Planet and can get them pretty cheap on sale. I love their mounts, but this is their first foray into the optics market and they are Chinese made red dots.

Should I jump in and be the test subject?

This is more of just a curiosity for me. I know Chinese made optics have made large strides recently, but I am wondering if these would be better than say, a Vortex Sparc or Crossfire red dot.

Anybody here handle them at shot show?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know someone personally that had one for a review. He scrapped the review and told ADM he could not write a lot of positives about it.

I won’t name names, but it’s someone I trust and respect. In optics you definitely get what you pay for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I know someone personally that had one for a review. He scrapped the review and told ADM he could not write a lot of positives about it.

I won’t name names, but it’s someone I trust and respect. In optics you definitely get what you pay for.
    That's a shame because I really like their mounts. Jumping into a crowded game with a sub par product could do them more damage than good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could say the same about Geissele and their 1-6

The bloom was really bad and the LED illuminated the all of the circuits and reflected it back to the rear eye piece is what I’ve been told about the ADM

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is what happens when companies don't send their items to vetted neutral 3rd parties for testing and review before selling.

That is if unless they want to be shit on in the social media sphere

Downloads
    Uploads
    There’s always a market for cheap, substandard crap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    There’s always a market for cheap, substandard crap.
    You are right. Let me tell you a story...

When I was a kid around middle school age every single kid wanted a "Starter" jacket. You know, those jackets with NFL teams on them and such. You just weren't cool if you didn't have starter jacket. Those things were expensive for what they were at around $150. But they were at least well made and looked nice.

They were all the rage for a few years.

Then...the brand started selling their wares to Wal-Mart. Their QC went to crap and they started making everything as cheaply as possible. I haven't seen a starter jacket since my middle school days...but I see shoes made by starter in Wal-Mart (packaged not in shoe box, but a pair hanging on the wall held together by a string).

This is what can happen when a good company sells crap.

Thanks for the heads up. Not going to be the test case!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha, man I used to have, and may still have somewhere an Atlanta Braves Starter Jacket from the 90's.