Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

WA states onslaught of new 2A infringing laws

Like. Everyone it seems, Wa state is pushing so many new laws , so fast. We are being stripped of our rights.
    Enhanced this, improved that...So stupid, now waiting periods on top of having a cpl will do no good, well in the sense that everyone will have to wait a min. 10 day wait, while the state handles things.. with this major load being dumped on the state.. I’m sure it will only get worse.

Snippet from a known good guy FFL.

Just got this email from ATF.....

"From: NICSLiaison
    Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:39 PM
    Subject: Important Change to Processing NICS Background Check-Effective 6-1-2019

To Washington Federal Firearms Licensees (FFL)

The purpose of this communication is to provide information to Washington FFLs regarding the correct entity to contact when processing firearm transfers within the state of Washington.
    Effective July 1, 2019, all Washington FFLs will contact their local law enforcement agency for ALL handgun transfers. This will include handgun transfers to individuals with a valid Washington Concealed Pistol License (CPL) and “Other” background checks. “Other” includes frames and receivers, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives provided guidance that “Other” shall not be transferred across state lines to persons under the age of 21. As such, “Other” must be processed similar to handguns for the purpose of a Brady-mandated background check. The following is a list of transaction types, which will be processed by Washington local law enforcement agencies:

Sale of a Handgun
    Rental of a Handgun
    Sale of Other (Frame, Receiver, etc.)
    Private Sale of Handgun
    Pre-Pawn of a Handgun
    Private Sale of Other (Frame, Receiver, etc.)
    Pre-Pawn of Other (Frame, Receiver, etc.)
    Private Sale Returned to Seller Handgun
    Redemption of Handgun
    Private Sale Returned to Seller Other (Frame, Receiver, etc.)
    Redemption of Other (Frame, Receiver, etc.)

Effective July 1, 2019, Washington FFLs will continue to contact the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services Division’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Section for long gun transfers as historically directed, but will no longer use the NICS E-Check or NICS Call Centers to initiate/process handgun-related transactions.

The FFLs must continue to conduct a background check prior to the transfer of firearms to ensure eligibility of individuals according to state and federal laws. This communication is merely providing information to the FFLs in Washington to ensure the correct entity is contacted when initiating a firearm background check.

No more nics checks for handguns etc, only long guns it seems..So much more..

Discuss

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering how they'd treat "Other", now I know. I think I'll go ahead and order my Kidd 10/22 receiver before it becomes classified as an assault rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad I didn't waste my $65 for a CPL now.

Everyone's going to have to go through the waiting period for a handgun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I was wondering how they'd treat "Other", now I know. I think I'll go ahead and order my Kidd 10/22 receiver before it becomes classified as an assault rifle.
    Ya, so many say there buying now, just so they don’t have to jump thru hoops...

Me sad, as I’m gonna be stuck without much of anything , then this passes. It will unfortunately lead to more and more..

I’ve about had it with this state

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank God I live in KY. First of all, if they tried to pull that shit here every politician in the commonwealth who supported that crap would be put on notice to pack up and run. Think I'm kidding? Let 'em try it. KY is also in a building boom. New factories, distribution centers etc, riding high on the economy. Northern and costal liberals come in for the jobs, then try to pas off their liberal bullshit here. They usually learn to keep their freakin' mouths shut real quick, or move away.

From all of you WA guy's, I feel for you. My head would literally explode, if I lived out there.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 18 April 2019 at 17:07.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Glad I didn't waste my $65 for a CPL now.

Everyone's going to have to go through the waiting period for a handgun.
    You're a cop? and you have to have a concealed carry permit for off duty carry? Please tell me I'm wrong.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    You're a cop? and you have to have a concealed carry permit for off duty carry? Please tell me I'm wrong.

FT
    In WA you could only take your pistol home the same day of purchase with a CPL. Otherwise you'd have to wait anywhere from 7-14 days.

I didn't feel like paying for something I already have the ability to do. Funny though, The Federal Government says I can carry in all 50 states, the State says I have to wait to pick up a pistol unless I have a CPL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A local forum , where FFL sand such are chatting..Some fine points

-Up to 10 day waiting period to purchase pistols. CPL will no longer allow you to purchase a pistol same-day. The background check will be run by the state, and it will take however long it takes. If after 10 days it's not complete, you can still receive your pistol.

-Need to be 21 to purchase semi-automatic rifle. Just like buying beer, now you have to be 21 to purchase a semi-auto rifle.

-Training class required to purchase a semi-automatic rifle. If you don't have the training class, you can't buy a semi-auto rifle. You have to take it again every 5 years.

-10 day waiting period to purchase semi-auto rifles. Once you have the training class, you'll still have a mandatory 10 day delay. The background check will be run by the state, and it will take however long it takes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    A local forum , where FFL sand such are chatting..Some fine points

-Up to 10 day waiting period to purchase pistols. CPL will no longer allow you to purchase a pistol same-day. The background check will be run by the state, and it will take however long it takes. If after 10 days it's not complete, you can still receive your pistol.

-Need to be 21 to purchase semi-automatic rifle. Just like buying beer, now you have to be 21 to purchase a semi-auto rifle.

-Training class required to purchase a semi-automatic rifle. If you don't have the training class, you can't buy a semi-auto rifle. You have to take it again every 5 years.

-10 day waiting period to purchase semi-auto rifles. Once you have the training class, you'll still have a mandatory 10 day delay. The background check will be run by the state, and it will take however long it takes.
    Now how in the heck do they expect gang bangers, drug smugglers, felons, and all other members of the criminal element going to get their guns? Making them (drug smugglers...etc.) pay every five years is just paying for a constitutional right. Man, them lawmakers up there in WA dropped the ball there, only requiring law abiding citizens to go through that load of crap. Next thing you know they'll let 18 year old kids to go to war, fire full automatic weapons and get killed. Just as long as they don't let them have a beer, it's alright, I guess.

Disclaimer: Of course this is an obvious exercise in sarcasm. WA people need to band together and revolt against that tyranny instead of bending over. Your Sheriffs should band together like they have in several states and refuse to arrest people for breaking those laws. (They want and need your votes too...) or help them find work in another field.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to note. Some say it’s because the new laws going into affect soon. A lot, no traceable, manufactured guns, IE- 80% lowers and all that.

Optics planet is no longer shipping to WA, OR, CA, and Nevada.

Humm..I’ve never ordered from them, but if this the starting, this is really gonna suck as more and more will join in...

Phuckers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Now how in the heck do they expect gang bangers, drug smugglers, felons, and all other members of the criminal element going to get their guns?
    Name:  16399972_web1_190415-PDN-FREDS-Guns-burglary-2-web.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  172.5 KB
    By doing this at one of our local shops
    https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/c...led-overnight/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Name:  16399972_web1_190415-PDN-FREDS-Guns-burglary-2-web.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  172.5 KB
    By doing this at one of our local shops
    https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/c...led-overnight/
    I've seen almost the same thing once, a gun store in S. KY that had aluminum siding, Perp just peeled the siding back, knocked a small hole in the "tar board"? underneath and helped himself to about 1OK's worth.

Funny, he got wasted, and told me. He just couldn't help himself, he's a dumb ass and a big mouth. Next funny thing was that he was my second cousin. I turned him in and he got 5 years. Had a lengthy criminal record so he really got off easy, He could have got a lot of years just for being a felon in possession of a firearm. Turns out he ratted out a lot of people, mostly on dope and other crimes. I think he only up doing 2 or 3. He's a scumbag, and I would be embarrassed for anyone to know I was related to him. He actually told the detectives that he did it to buy dope with for re-sale. Call me a snitch if you want, but I think I did the right thing. The point is you can't stop a criminal from getting a firearm(s) if you put a million new laws in place.

In UW's particular case, I think cops in KY are entitled to carry concealed just by the fact that they have a badge and ID. Doesn't matter anymore though. KY's new constitutional carry law goes into effect on 1 JUL 2019. We already had open carry.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 30 April 2019 at 20:18.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I pretty sure nobody in their right mind would call you a snitch for doing what you did , the sad part of that story is if any law abiding citizen had gotten himself in any issues involving gun laws would there have no such slap on the wrist and an example would be made .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya and then boerners gunshop got hit the other day, 98 guns were taken, said the news I was just watching..

In the same area of the state, seems to be the same people you would think

Phuckers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Semi-auto shotguns aren't affected, are they? No need for me to rush out and buy a Benalli is there?