Downloads
    Uploads

Belly Band Holster

Have any of you tried a "belly band" type holster? If so, how did you like it? What was good or bad about it? Which brand was it?

Thanks,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    For hiking?

But, for what gun?
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 25 April 2019 at 03:22.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen multi-fit bands with holsters that will take just about any size commonly carried pistols, Glocks, 1911's, M&P's, HK's etc.. etc... Also attached was another pouch for an extra mag. When I say I've seen them, I mean only advertised, never saw one in real life. Looks great on paper, but wondering what the reality of it is.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought one by ComfortTac for my Walther PPS. It’s comfy and very concealable with gym shorts and a tee. But I never go out dressed like that. An IWB or pocket Stickey is my usual summer mode for the single stack. For runners or with yoga pants I think they would be ideal.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    I bought one by ComfortTac for my Walther PPS. It’s comfy and very concealable with gym shorts and a tee. But I never go out dressed like that. An IWB or pocket Stickey is my usual summer mode for the single stack. For runners or with yoga pants I think they would be ideal.
    O.K., I'll give one a try. But if I go out in yoga pants, I'm pretty sure I'll be arrested.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is what I think of when I hear the words belly band...
    Name:  HH-Feat.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  114.2 KB
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hehe...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a Crossbreed modular belly band and it's pretty damn comfortable. The nice thing about this belly band is that you order the kydex holster custom specific to your gun make/model and your strong hand. The kydex holster offers good retention and lots of versatility on angle and placement since the holster velcros to the belly band. It's also handy because I can use the same velcro holster to secure my pistol in my conceal carry pack like the 5.11 MOAB 6 or 10. I also have ordered multiple holsters to attach to the belly band so I can choose which pistol I want to carry for any given day or situation. Really happy with it.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/m...d-package.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    The real question is: do they make one big enough to fit around that awesome belly of yours FT? LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    The real question is: do they make one big enough to fit around that awesome belly of yours FT? LOL
    It's one size fits all, 10 feet long, so no worries, and if it still doesn't fit I can exchange it for the XL belt. Never mind my awesome belly, it's taken years to perfect.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by old11bravo View Post
    I use a Crossbreed modular belly band and it's pretty damn comfortable. The nice thing about this belly band is that you order the kydex holster custom specific to your gun make/model and your strong hand. The kydex holster offers good retention and lots of versatility on angle and placement since the holster velcros to the belly band. It's also handy because I can use the same velcro holster to secure my pistol in my conceal carry pack like the 5.11 MOAB 6 or 10. I also have ordered multiple holsters to attach to the belly band so I can choose which pistol I want to carry for any given day or situation. Really happy with it.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/m...d-package.html
    Thanks OB, I got it today. My initial trials make this thing incredibly comfortable. But, like I said that's just first impression.. Need to get to the range and really test it out, also want to try wearing it while driving. Need to get outdoors in the woods and do some serious training with it, before I start using it.

As far as weapon fit, I wouldn't recommend anything over the size of a G19/23, M&P etc. My HK .40 compact works fine, but even that is pretty much at the far limits. Haven't tried a full size 1911 yet, but am pretty sure it would be too heavy and bulky. I was able to use the "extra" pouch and magazine pouch to shove 3 mags, plus one in the weapon, but it's pushing the limit on getting too heavy.

I would like to say that I'm impressed, but I need more realistic training with it. But as far as comfort sitting or standing, initial feelings are great. Unless I discover a major flaw in this thing, I'd say, especially for summer time, I'm anticipating that his is something I should have tried a long time ago.

FT
    P.S., as far as Stone's smart ass post, I'm going to post a picture of me and him totally nude, except for the belly band, G-String underwear, fishnet stockings and high heels... yes Stone F%%k with me some more dude.... he..he..he..Think I won't do it, dude? Hell, I'll send them to your wife. Expect to be thrown out of your house immediately after

Seriously, thanks to Upfhadil for the recommendation. Oh MoxyDave, you just made my list, also....
    Last edited by FortTom; 27 April 2019 at 23:16.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Seriously, thanks to Upfhadil for the recommendation. Oh MoxyDave, you just made my list, also....
    Heh, now I'm wondering if it has suspenders ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still loving the Belly Band "holster". Very comfortable on what Stone calls my "awesome" belly. Actually just about forget it's there. Have to play around with the mag pouch, if I place it near the holster, it starts showing, so have to move it around a bit until I can confidently get to it and it doesn't print and advertise. Should have tried one of these a long time ago. No need for suspenders, fishnets optional. Still need lots of dryfire practice before I can comfortably feel proficient with it. Same as any type of holster, I guess.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger