Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I was talking about then window shape with my neighbor yesterday. He shoots a lot of steel challenge matches and most of the guys were using things like the C-More RTS sights due to the larger, rounded window. The SRO followed suit. Here’s a better photo showing the size of the window:

Attachment 6482
    Don't particular care what anyone who shoots games thinks, what I am going to do to eval the RDS and the reason for carrying it EDC for reality based application are very much different.

The window, itself, does not really matter as much as the ability to find the dot on the draw. That could be done several different ways.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Don't particular care what anyone who shoots games thinks, what I am going to do to eval the RDS and the reason for carrying it EDC for reality based application are very much different.

The window, itself, does not really matter as much as the ability to find the dot on the draw. That could be done several different ways.
    I'm noticing on Trijicon's website that they say the SRO is for "target and competitive shooting applications". They never mention "self defense, duty weapon" in any of the marketing material for the SRO like they do for the RMR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'm noticing on Trijicon's website that they say the SRO is for "target and competitive shooting applications". They never mention "self defense, duty weapon" in any of the marketing material for the SRO like they do for the RMR.
    I believe the reason for that is because of the differences in the windows and the metal around them. The RMR's housing is designed to mitigate the effect of impacts far better than the SRO housing. Sage Dynamics does a far better job explaining this than I can.

I'm still going to get one for my G34 USPSA gun. The larger window and faster acquisition is exactly what I've been wanting compared to my current red dot set up. Now if I could just find an RMR that would work with a P365 or G48...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    But “games”

Funny, guys around Bragg that wear Green and Maroon headgear play those shooting “games” also. They’re not a direct replacement for combat but they can show the strengths and weaknesses with the kit. Maybe not an explosion, but impacts, battery life, and other points of interest

Downloads
    Uploads
    But “games”

Funny, guys around Bragg that wear Green and Maroon headgear play those shooting “games” also. They’re not a direct replacement for combat but they can show the strengths and weaknesses with the kit. Maybe not an explosion, but impacts, battery life, and other points of interest
    My thoughts exactly. Time spent moving, reloading and shooting quickly with the pistol can only help. I don't always need to practice tactics, I just need to know how and when to use them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    But “games”

I agree. A lot of those games can translate to real world.

I'm going to wait for some more reviews on the SRO before I get one.

Downloads
    Uploads