Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Trijicon SRO

Name:  24C4301C-0665-449D-9049-539C6DE6E11D.jpeg
Views: 2458
Size:  477.3 KB

Specialized Reflex Optic

Don’t know much about it other than the name, but it’s something new and that’s worth discussing when they start hitting the street

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    A optic dealer I’ve dealt with for 2 decades and I were discussing the new Aimpoint ACRO a few months back and he told me they better get as many contracts as they can as quick as they can. He claimed once Trijicon’s new offering was released they would struggle to sell any on the retail market. I’m assuming he was speaking about this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Huh..interesting

Same footprint as the rmr I wonder? As in for mounting to a existing rmr cut?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Huh..interesting

Same footprint as the rmr I wonder? As in for mounting to a existing rmr cut?
    That’s what the link posted above says. I’m intrigued. Street price is under $500.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Folks with irons in front of their optic cut will not be happy. Looks like it has a .4" overhang over the RMR. They say it's not recommended to install on pistols where the overhangs the breach face. Sadly my new 509 is only .12" clearance from breach face to the mounting plate. O well, I'll let someone else test it out.
    Edit: Looks like the FN 509T is the illustration on SRO Spec Sheet for "Not Recommended"
    Last edited by cjd3; 25 April 2019 at 19:07.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reminds me of their effort to dethrone Aimpoint with their MRO. I see a flop on Trijicon's future. I'd just keep improving the RMR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the concept. It may work better than the traditional RMR if the red dot is equidistant from the frame. Centering within the sight picture could conceivably be faster once the shooter adjusts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads
    This whole thing interests me. I never liked the pistol RDS, because of the exact reason they are making new sights where you can pick up the dot instantly. Not sure I'd really want to pay nearly $800, plus gunsmithing to mill the slide, to have one, I'm kind of used to regular sights, but it makes me wonder, does this work with an AR, as well as a pistol? I plead total ignorance on the subject.

Thanks,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    A optic dealer I’ve dealt with for 2 decades and I were discussing the new Aimpoint ACRO a few months back and he told me they better get as many contracts as they can as quick as they can. He claimed once Trijicon’s new offering was released they would struggle to sell any on the retail market. I’m assuming he was speaking about this.
    I'd be curious how this dealer responds to the question about rain and dirt. It doesn't look like the SRO solves that, as it still has the concave objective. Like the T-1 before it, the ACRO shouldn't have that same problem when shooting in the elements. But it will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just posted about this on my site...

I'll get both, the ACRO and the SRO. Long ago, when the first LED RMR's came on the market and people were using these new fandangled micro dots on pistols the biggest complaint was that if the RMR's window was bigger it would work better, trijicon gave some stupid reason for not doing it, but pistol mounted optics weren't a thing, yet. If they made the SRO oval, more of an egg shape, bigger at the top than the bottom which would allow you pick up the dot quickly on draw stroke the same way you would the front sight.

They finally caught up.

Whichever allows me to do that I'll likely give weight on more to carry EDC. Especially if there are a few features which are absolutely needed on a pistol mounted RDS have been added.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I just posted about this on my site...

I'll get both, the ACRO and the SRO. Long ago, when the first LED RMR's came on the market and people were using these new fandangled micro dots on pistols the biggest complaint was that if the RMR's window was bigger it would work better, trijicon gave some stupid reason for not doing it, but pistol mounted optics weren't a thing, yet. If they made the SRO oval, more of an egg shape, bigger at the top than the bottom which would allow you pick up the dot quickly on draw stroke the same way you would the front sight.

They finally caught up.

Whichever allows me to do that I'll likely give weight on more to carry EDC. Especially if there are a few features which are absolutely needed on a pistol mounted RDS have been added.
    I was talking about then window shape with my neighbor yesterday. He shoots a lot of steel challenge matches and most of the guys were using things like the C-More RTS sights due to the larger, rounded window. The SRO followed suit. Here’s a better photo showing the size of the window:

Name:  8ED182FA-00EF-4F5B-9409-6C2510A92A9A.jpeg
Views: 2939
Size:  50.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Reminds me of their effort to dethrone Aimpoint with their MRO. I see a flop on Trijicon's future. I'd just keep improving the RMR.
    I’ve never been a fan of the T1 or T2 Aimpoints. One of the worst red dots I’ve used with my astigmatism and just flat overpriced IMO. Absolutely love the new green dot MRO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I'd be curious how this dealer responds to the question about rain and dirt. It doesn't look like the SRO solves that, as it still has the concave objective. Like the T-1 before it, the ACRO shouldn't have that same problem when shooting in the elements. But it will be interesting to see how it all works out.
    Honestly that’s not a concern to me. Any optic can and will be obscured by rain and dirt. More than once I’ve had an ACOG covered in mud or snow be unusable but the RMR be functioning and usable on top. Just has never proven to be an issue to me. If a RMR is exposed to conditions that would sideline it, it’s likely that any other optic in the same scenario would also be unusable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Honestly that’s not a concern to me. Any optic can and will be obscured by rain and dirt. More than once I’ve had an ACOG covered in mud or snow be unusable but the RMR be functioning and usable on top. Just has never proven to be an issue to me. If a RMR is exposed to conditions that would sideline it, it’s likely that any other optic in the same scenario would also be unusable.
    I haven't found that to be the case. Yes, the T-x will eventually succumb to particulate depending on the conditions, I've found the T-1 is much easier to deal with in the rain than a RMR. Part of it is because design doesn't collect water like the RMR, part of it is...I'm not sure. Maybe it repels water a little better, but I find it much easier to look through, find the dot, and see the target on a T-1 than a RMR. For me, looking through the RMR is more like looking into a jumbled mess, finding the dot which is a mess, and then not really being able to see the target because of the water drops.

I do get the taller glass of the SRO, though. I can see how that would be more helpful.