Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Vortex scope issue? Need some help fellas

Ok...for lack of better words...FUCK...is where I’m leaving off and starting this.

So this newest build is testing me, so now I’m unsure if the vortex scope is indeed fubar or what am I missing.

I’ll try to make it short as possible. Got a Aero mount for cheap, so wanted to mount my old pst 1-4 in the Aero and use the MI 30mm QD mount the 1-4 was in. Now on the 2-10.

- So mounted up the old 1-4 in the aero mount, nothing exciting here except I remember why these aren’t my favorites, literally need to can’t the scope to achieve perfect centerline vertically- the way the mount works.

- So go to mount up the 2-10 in the MI -Qd mount, and it’s worked perfect with the old 1-4 and another 30mm scope years ago. Never have had a problem.

-got it all perfect and thru the gun in the safe, next day I get it out to swap the grip. I notice the reticle is canter...A lot..fuck me , now I know I didn’t leave it like that and I wasn’t drinking..

- So, set it all up again and retorque. And a little more even. Still moves.

-Just for shits and giggles swap the caps, tighten them to torque, then more, still tucking moves..

- So know wtf, break out the calipers. The ID on the MI mount hovers around right at 30 mm’s

-Trusty old pst 1-4 measures anywhere I take a measurement , over 30 mm’s.

- now the new/older 2-10 hs Lr. No where is it close to 30mm. Most numbers are in the 29.79-29.85 range..

So it’s obvious this scope is s hair undersized, at least compared to my only one to measure for reference.

Can anyone measure their vortex 30mm scope/scopes and post up the numbers..

This just seems really weird.
    Attached Images Attached Images