Quote Originally Posted by kalopsia View Post
Thanks for posting, subscribing since it translates well to my own situation.

We use two Arlo exterior cameras at our house, with one in the garage covering the safe. We keep a spare on the interior of the house that we move to cover the back sliding glass door when we’re away. It’s coupled with a Simpli-Safe alarm system. Not perfect, but it’s the most economical option for us. We do get a discount on home insurance for the SS system because it’s connected to local PD and FD, which may be something to think about.

Despite the noisy retired neighbors, they do keep an eye on our property during the day. It’s great to have them as a back up, so I’d definitely recommend treating everyone as best you can when you move in to keep an eye out for you and yours.

Motion lights on the exterior is another option to consider, as well as an alert canine. We have three, and their hearing is absolutely exceptional compared to ours.

If your don’t want to get a security system, you can buy the stickers and signage off eBay to keep up appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
100%... your neighbors are the first line of defense. The only good security is layered security. Neighbors, Cameras, Monitored Security, Good doors/frames/locks all have to work together to keep your house as secure as possible.

In the end, if someone is going to break into your house, they will. This is why I keep preaching to my friends/family that don't post on social media that you're currently out in Hawaii for 2 weeks, or backpacking across Europe for a month in real time. Post all that shit when you get home. When your home gets broken into and only certain items are taken, and the bad buys know what they're looking for, it wasn't random.