Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kalopsia View Post
    Thanks for posting, subscribing since it translates well to my own situation.

We use two Arlo exterior cameras at our house, with one in the garage covering the safe. We keep a spare on the interior of the house that we move to cover the back sliding glass door when we’re away. It’s coupled with a Simpli-Safe alarm system. Not perfect, but it’s the most economical option for us. We do get a discount on home insurance for the SS system because it’s connected to local PD and FD, which may be something to think about.

Despite the noisy retired neighbors, they do keep an eye on our property during the day. It’s great to have them as a back up, so I’d definitely recommend treating everyone as best you can when you move in to keep an eye out for you and yours.

Motion lights on the exterior is another option to consider, as well as an alert canine. We have three, and their hearing is absolutely exceptional compared to ours.

If your don’t want to get a security system, you can buy the stickers and signage off eBay to keep up appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    100%... your neighbors are the first line of defense. The only good security is layered security. Neighbors, Cameras, Monitored Security, Good doors/frames/locks all have to work together to keep your house as secure as possible.

In the end, if someone is going to break into your house, they will. This is why I keep preaching to my friends/family that don't post on social media that you're currently out in Hawaii for 2 weeks, or backpacking across Europe for a month in real time. Post all that shit when you get home. When your home gets broken into and only certain items are taken, and the bad buys know what they're looking for, it wasn't random.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LV makes a few good points in this short video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C5T2lvV2Xrw

Downloads
    Uploads
    while 5.56 may look attractive it can easily exit your house and end up in another house, .300blk not so much unless you are firing directly at a window or something of that nature, especially so using vor-tx/tac etc as it is designed for that type of application. I would also stay away from 9mm for HD, specifically because pistol caliber ammo is not designed to immediately stop a human adversary, .300blk and the like are designed to do that just.

Cameras are great, especially if they ding your phone immediately. I use WYZE for a lot of stuff as it works well, some guys I work with use BLINK and it works well for them. Either way, get them and make sure their notifications work quickly. Sometimes this means you need to update or purchase a newer/better/morepowerful router, it's a small price to pay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Winchester Ranger, Hornady TAP 5.56 ammo, I wouldn't worry about over penetration into another house

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    This is why I keep preaching to my friends/family that don't post on social media that you're currently out in Hawaii for 2 weeks, or backpacking across Europe for a month in real time. Post all that shit when you get home.
    +1
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Winchester Ranger, Hornady TAP 5.56 ammo, I wouldn't worry about over penetration into another house
    Or through intermediate barriers in your house, crippling your own capability.

LE carries loads like that because of liability, not ballistic advantage.

Carry a load that will go through barriers and people, anything else is something the lawyers helped design.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Or through intermediate barriers in your house, crippling your own capability.

LE carries loads like that because of liability, not ballistic advantage.

Carry a load that will go through barriers and people, anything else is something the lawyers helped design.
    Whatever works for you. Our own department ballistic testing says otherwise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whatever works for you. Our own department ballistic testing says otherwise.
    Of course they do, they were told so by lawyers that is what they had to do, ergo the standards they have to meet. Which I totally understand for LE use, but for the responsible armed citizen? No way.

Off duty I carry 147gr +p+ underwood flat tips. I can shoot them (and have) through 6 2x4's, which is basically any intermediate barrier that I will come in contact with in my travels off duty. Think any LE PD will allow those? Hell no, there's some lawyer that just got a headache because I even mentioned it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nah, our lawyers ask for forgiveness not permission. East coast policing I can see you asking for permission first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nah, our lawyers ask for forgiveness not permission. East coast policing I can see you asking for permission first.
    Less to do about policing, more to do about applications in reality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Less to do about policing, more to do about applications in reality.
    LOL. Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

First you state that 5.56 can easily penetrate your house into the next house, but then 5.56 can't penetrate intermediate barriers inside your house?

But... this is all because of lawyers?

Make up your mind man.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL. Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

First you state that 5.56 can easily penetrate your house into the next house, but then 5.56 can't penetrate intermediate barriers inside your house?

But... this is all because of lawyers?

Make up your mind man.
    You mentioned TAP, I didn't. I was referring to .300blk barnes Vor-Tac etc, which has a very clear performance history very much unlike TAP.

You also mentioned ranger 9mm, a round designed for LE use.

My mind is very much made up, no amount of conjecture will change reality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those 77gr TMK’s would be another good one for HD

Some of the tests I’ve seen, barrier& gel tests. Has these working better then the big name brands.

But I don’t have a shorty anything setup with a light. So the g19 with 124 or 147gr hsts and a handheld Surefire sleep next to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You mentioned TAP, I didn't. I was referring to .300blk barnes Vor-Tac etc, which has a very clear performance history very much unlike TAP.

You also mentioned ranger 9mm, a round designed for LE use.

My mind is very much made up, no amount of conjecture will change reality.
    I was referring to Winchester 64gr 5.56

But yeah you do you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was referring to Winchester 64gr 5.56

But yeah you do you.
    Right, still a duty round, not comparable to the barnes vor-tac I was referring to. They were designed to do completely different things.