Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    No dedicated gun room. Massive closet though that will house the safe. Here's the floor plan. Not as cool as yours

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 385
Size:  594.0 KB
    DRH?

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    My friend has a lot of really nice camera and surveillance system which makes things very nice.

He had an app on his phone that he could check out the house or his gun safe at any time. We would be eating dinner and he could see all over including outside. Not to mention if someone did break in this would give lots of evidence.
    The flip side to that is that smart home security leaves you vulnerable to hackers; IoT cybersecurity tends to be quite poor, as there is little incentive to beef it up. Now, it's extremely unlikely that a hacker will specifically target your home; instead, I'm much more worried about generalized viruses and malware that would impact swaths of users. You're also placing a lot of trust in the company that hosts/runs your security, as now they have video and audio feed into your home.

I'm definitely getting a security set-up from Nest when my house is completed, but I have also weighed those issues, and decided that it's worth the squeeze, but I'm also the guy that leaves Google location tracking on because I find the convenience and data generated a worthwhile trade-off of my privacy.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 5 May 2019 at 21:20.