Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rainier Mod2 Build

These pics are too embarrassing for the gallery so I’ll put it here with more info of what’s in it. My first real precision 5.56. If this does not outshoot my Noveske Gen 3 recce I will be much disappointed.

-Fluted satin 16” Ultramatch barrel bundled with their with adjustable “bleeding” gas block. Without the generous Rainier discount it would have been out of my budget. (Thanks again UW!) Balance not bad w/o the can. With the Recce 5 it wants a bipod.

-Centurion upper and rail because Monty. CMR Rail is from a group buy. (Thanks Stickman!) Made to some socom spec not usually sold to civilians. Sionics NP3 bcg because I’m p.o.’d at Fail Zero - exo cam pin too fat to fit.

-BCM lower with MBT 2 stage and A5 H2. I’ll bring an H3 to the range in case it feels better with the can. But with the intermediate length gas I expect the 2 to work fine. Down the road I’ll switch lowers to use an SSA-E that is screaming me, me, me from the safe. Range looks to finally be rain free next week.

The 3-9 Aimpoint is a placeholder until I can trade/buy something in 15-18x. Nice LWRC buis that are too high for a lot of my optics.

Good Lord, these pics are whales in the preview. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Uffdaphil; 7 May 2019 at 20:56.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice looking rifle. I like it.

Do you like the Larue triggers? The $87 price tag is tempting

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice build. Looking forward to a range report.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice looking rifle. I like it.

Do you like the Larue triggers? The $87 price tag is tempting
    I do. They pull about like a G SSA. The bows are a little wide for my taste, but for the price I can live with that. I have 2 curved and one flat.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent build.

I have the same barrel, gas block, and suppressor (albeit a Mod 3).

With the block tuned properly, an H buffer is plenty. Since you already have an H2, I wouldn’t spend the money on another at this point, but I think an H3 would be overkill

I think I just hit the 2000 round mark on mine and it shoots just as well as it did at 200 rounds.

I’ve shot some phenomenal groups with it...I primarily use handloads but when I was testing out a 1-8 strike Eagle, I shot a hundred rounds of CBC/Magtech 77gr OTM and it did really well

Two weekends ago I was plugging steel at 600yds with my 3.5x ACOG with ease

Enjoy the rifle!!! It looks great!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks 11B. I assume your H buffer is with a carbine extension. Since I have the A5 a slightly heavier buffer would seem to be indicated. I have an H1 which is less than my H2, but still more than a carbine H so I’ll bring both those to the range.

About how much did you need to open the “bleed off” block.? I see it has 30 positions! I was thinking starting up 5 from fully closed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is fairly closed off since I opted for maximum gas reduction. I only run it suppressed so at this level it won’t function unsuppressed

Pretty sure I closed it off all the way and opened it up five clicks, tested it, five more, tested it, tthen walked it back one click at a time til I was happy. It has almost zero recoil....it’s been used to get more than a few young kids scared of the noise and recoil of the rifle they were being introduced to ARs with actually behind mine and blasting away.

Rifle looks fantastic. Enjoy!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll just add my builds here instead of starting a new thread. I ended up with a 20" and a 16" to replace my 18" WOA barrel, my logic being that when I am punching paper from a bench, I won't care about the extra length of the 20" and will get a bit more velocity, and when I do care about maneuverability, the 16" is probably better suited for a suppressed recce build.

The 20" was my direct replacement of my 18" WOA and I already mentioned that in another thread.

My 16" lead to a whole new upper, shown here on my LMT MARS-L lower

The RA UM mod2 polished with SA AGB is under a Geissele 15" Mk14 and with a Griffin Flash Comp MD

Haven't shot the 16" yet and have only had the 20" out twice so far. It loves the IMI 77gr Razor Core and I've just started to work up loads.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooh, that 20” is bootiful! I have some 69hr Razor Core to try in my 16”. What is your rear bag? I need one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Ooh, that 20” is bootiful! I have some 69hr Razor Core to try in my 16”. What is your rear bag? I need one.
    Thanks! Rear bag is just a cheapo from Midway but works well: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/21...-drab-cylinder

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, cheapo is good. I’ll get two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really digging that 16 with the LMT lower. Almost bought one recently, but have NO free funds atm.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Really digging that 16 with the LMT lower. Almost bought one recently, but have NO free funds atm.
    I think the MARS maybe the best lower on the market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think the MARS maybe the best lower on the market.
    Maybe. I've been holding out for a Radian though.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Thanks, cheapo is good. I’ll get two.
    And now even cheaper: 25% off sale at Midway on their house brand shooting accessories: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/21...-drab-cylinder