Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Rainier Mod2 Build

These pics are too embarrassing for the gallery so I’ll put it here with more info of what’s in it. My first real precision 5.56. If this does not outshoot my Noveske Gen 3 recce I will be much disappointed.

-Fluted satin 16” Ultramatch barrel bundled with their with adjustable “bleeding” gas block. Without the generous Rainier discount it would have been out of my budget. (Thanks again UW!) Balance not bad w/o the can. With the Recce 5 it wants a bipod.

-Centurion upper and rail because Monty. CMR Rail is from a group buy. (Thanks Stickman!) Made to some socom spec not usually sold to civilians. Sionics NP3 bcg because I’m p.o.’d at Fail Zero - exo cam pin too fat to fit.

-BCM lower with MBT 2 stage and A5 H2. I’ll bring an H3 to the range in case it feels better with the can. But with the intermediate length gas I expect the 2 to work fine. Down the road I’ll switch lowers to use an SSA-E that is screaming me, me, me from the safe. Range looks to finally be rain free next week.

The 3-9 Aimpoint is a placeholder until I can trade/buy something in 15-18x. Nice LWRC buis that are too high for a lot of my optics.

Good Lord, these pics are whales in the preview. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Uffdaphil; 7 May 2019 at 20:56.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode