Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Question for those who may know...

Found what looks *kinda* like it may be a nitrided version of the Ultramatch. Can anyone confirm or deny?

https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...twist-nitride/
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Question for those who may know...

Found what looks *kinda* like it may be a nitrided version of the Ultramatch. Can anyone confirm or deny?

https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...twist-nitride/
    If I recall correctly, these are the old Match blanks, not the UM ones.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a nice barrel but definitely a different creature from a Mod 2 Ultramatch.
    -different twist
    -smaller gas seat
    -shorter gas system
    -not stainless steel
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Looks like a nice barrel but definitely a different creature from a Mod 2 Ultramatch.
    -different twist
    -smaller gas seat
    -shorter gas system
    -not stainless steel
    You are correct... different barrel all together, they were going for the match line type accuracy with better durability. So many different barrels over the years and since their barrel guy left (the one who did the specs) I've forgotten a lot of the info.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My Mod2 build is crushing the precision matches I’ve been shooting lately. Running middle of the pack currently (my pistol skills from 40-100yds are lacking...). The 6.5CM and other 6mm rifles and pistol opticsare dominating the top of the leaderboard but I’m hitting everything they are...just not as hard lol. The rifle is amazingly accurate. Not a single hiccup and the Optimus Micro can is getting a ton of compliments on its performance

Name:  0FD54B6F-3DA8-4955-8A69-1D8B7C27B70B.jpeg
Views: 131
Size:  3.56 MB

I’ve got a little more dope testing to do and I should have my Valkyrie in there soon

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m surprised you haven’t painted that one..lol..it’s a good looking rifle , what scope

Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s my only unpainted rifle lol

That’s an “older” Vortex 6-24 PST. It gets the job done but there’s other features I want which will ultimately see it get replaced. I’ll shoot it the rest of this season and take all my lessons learned and then see about a new one