Page 13 of 122 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Which sights are thoses?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Which sights are thoses?
    If you are referring to the G17 in the last post on page 12 they are Ameriglo GL433 Hackathorn sights. Great sights, I run them on 3 out of 4 of my Glocks. If you look at the top of page 12 you will see several other pics of them on G19's.

Very fast, trit insert for lowlight and I can still shoot bulls at 25yds and do walk back drills to 150 yds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was, thanks.

What is the width of the notch in the rear sight and that of the front sight?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I was, thanks.

What is the width of the notch in the rear sight and that of the front sight?
    Sorry I missed this. The front is .140 rear is .180

Hope that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds awfully wide but if you can do bullseyes at 25 yards with them, then I'm very interested.

The origin of my question comes from a guy I know who used the XS Big Dots, he is an excellent shot but couldn't put rounds into the IPSC credit card at 7 yards because he couldn't see his target behind the sights; all the rounds grouped very neatly right under it. He was using a G19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I picked up these 2 at the LGS.

Gen 2 Glock 21 w/ Meprolights. I have done some internal work to smooth the trigger, added some extended controls, replaced the night sights with new ones, and added the mags and holster/ mag carrier combo you see in the pic. I like the Gen 2 Glocks better than the Gen 3's but do wish it had a rail for my TLR1.

Smith & Wesson 042 Airweight, I read that there were only a little over 4400 made.
    Last edited by tcecil88; 7 February 2012 at 01:06.
    Mossberg 930 SPX 12 gauge
    Sig Sauer M400 5.56
    Remington 700 AAC-SD .308

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you;
    Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your sins; the other for your freedom.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just bought this one - so I guess if I did not have one, I would buy it again. So far I am pleased with the fit and finish. We'll see how it shoots, and then put it into the carry rotation

Sig Sauer 1911 TacOps-TB

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jerry R....cool photos. I'm VERY INTERESTED to hear your impressions once you have some trigger time. Please let us know how you like it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Sir - Will Comply.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a Sig GSR that was simply stunning, it ate everything, and felt wonderful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I had a Sig GSR that was simply stunning, it ate everything, and felt wonderful.
    I don't know what Sig does, but their ergonomics are just outstanding. I've never picked up a Sig pistol that didn't index just perfectly (for me). Finally broke down and added one to the stable.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by triplebravo View Post
    I'm VERY INTERESTED to hear your impressions once you have some trigger time.
    Finally got to the range for initial break-in. Only had time for 100 rounds. Used aluminum Blazer 230 Ball. (I hate policing brass at an indoor range) I used twelve different magazines, including one of my really old GI 7-rounders. Zero MALF's. Fired at in indoor range - set the targets at 15 yards, fired offhand. Eighty rounds without the can to see how it functioned. Twenty rounds with the can on it to be sure it cycled properly when suppressed. All rounds ejected cleanly with no dings in any case I checked. The pistol seems to be properly sprung, and the recoil was on a par with all the other 1911's in the stable. That is, not more or less "snappy" - it's just another .45 - which is what I expected.

Checkering on the front strap and MS housing nice and sharp, very grippy (25 LPI) but not uncomfortable. All in all, I am very pleased so far. I have a High-Noon holster on order for it (rail holsters hard to find) and it should be here in another four weeks or so. By then I should have enough rounds down range to be comfortable carrying it.

I think this is a nice addition. Fit and finish is excellent (should be for a $1,300 MSRP pistol) slide is nice and tight with zero wiggle. Night sights are well executed, and per the target below, are spot on.

I don't think I'll do a detailed review, people get tired of reading my poop, but I wanted to respond since you asked. Hope this helped.

Target below represents the first three 8 round magazines - not great, but not bad for an old fart with 65 year old eyes.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    I too just purchased one this week. I had one FTE but was a squib round. Very accurate and can't wait to get more trigger time. I only had time for 100 on my day off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrosamilia View Post
    I too just purchased one this week.
    Congrats on the purchase !! Post up a pic or two when you get a chance.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor