Page 62 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsully View Post
    That's one of my favorite images from you. Wow!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    That's one of my favorite images from you. Wow!
    Thanks brutha
    Follow me on Flickr
    Follow me on Instagram
    Follow me on Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    A bit different, since I'm digging into the pistol anyway. Started with a SRT kit, broken hammer reset spring, and Gray Guns adjustable trigger. Needed a deep clean after lots of suppressed shooting, however I don't think I"ll venture this deep into a Sig again.

P220 Combat

220 Frame (1 of 1) by Steven Ragan, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSec View Post
    A bit different, since I'm digging into the pistol anyway. Started with a SRT kit, broken hammer reset spring, and Gray Guns adjustable trigger. Needed a deep clean after lots of suppressed shooting, however I don't think I"ll venture this deep into a Sig again.

P220 Combat

220 Frame (1 of 1) by Steven Ragan, on Flickr
    I haven't worked up the guts to completely tear down any of my Sigs. Glocks? No sweat. H&Ks? Covered. Sig? Ugh... I do wan't to learn to do it though, as i like having the ability to work on my own guns. I should get one that needs a little love to begin with, so i actually have a reason to tear it down.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wasn't my plan either, until I noticed the broken hammer reset spring. It's fairly intuitive, there's a couple of pins you must hit, and hitting them hurts your special place just in case. I have an Armorer's book. Tonight's work is installing a new hammer stop and reset spring, then hammer, strut and mainspring housing. The trigger from Gray's is still in transit. I may get the de-cocker in tonight as well. Tomorrow will be the SRT kit then wait on the rest to arrive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wasn't as bad as I imagined, went very quickly. Used a punch to verify how the hammer set in relation to the reset spring, easy peasy. Had it back together in about 15 minutes, minus the trigger assembly that I'm waiting on. I can say a 17lb mainspring makes a WORLD of difference in just the feel of manually cocking the pistol and decocking it.

220 Frame 2 (1 of 1) by Steven Ragan, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicely done! An armorer manual would definitely help things. I've got Gray's trigger in my P229 Legion that has an overtravel adjustment. I'm still playing with it, but have it adjusted pretty close to perfect now. Talk about quick follow up shots.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my 220. Lots. Almost as much as my 1911s, but maybe more in a different way. My one gripe has been the trigger. I should have done the spring pack and SRT kit long ago, I can tell that already. I'm guessing the trigger will just be icing on the cake. Can't wait. You should try the 17 or 19lb mainsprings from Gray's. (I kinda wish Sig would release the flat trigger from the Legion P series, just to try it)

I was worked up over doing the work myself, but I can tell you, if I can do it, you'll have no trouble what-so-ever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm spoiled i guess. My first Sig had the Short Reset Trigger in it from the factory. After that, nothing less would do.

I'm pretty confident that i'd be able to work on my Sigs. But that first step is the most difficult.

As for the flat trigger, i would like to try one of those myself. But, i think it's a feature that's only available of the SAO P226 Legion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, didn't realize it was SAO....sigh. Oh well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bought my first Tupperware Glock today – a gen 3 G22!

Has a CVH serial prefix so I knew it was an early one. It came with 3 mags, paperwork, cleaning rod and brush for $350!!

After I handed the guy the money and was about to walk away he said, “oh yeah, here’s 50 rounds of ammo for you.” Turned out to be Speer JHP. A sweet deal, I think!

There’s some holster wear and a few other marks, nothing major. It has barely-visible night sights that will need to be replaced. The extractor is a non Loaded Chamber Indicator one.

Upon disassembly I noticed some gouge marks on the frame rails. It appeared to be where the locking block would make contact.

I was a little concerned about this so I contacted Glock to get their opinion, and I also wanted to know an approximate manufacture date. An armorer I spoke with said the wear was normal which is why they changed the locking block design. I was also advised that the gun was imported on 09/01/1998.

Overall, I’m happy with my purchase! I plan to buy a spring kit and replace them and maybe an extended mag release and extended take down lever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice snag!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally committed to buying a plain Shield 9 today. Had been looking for a "ported" shield for the last month but no dice. I was able to coax my G43 outta my wife's hands long enough to snap a side by side photo. Good problem to have I guess...

The search for a duty sized double stack continues though. My girly small hands really limit me. I rented a lane at Buds for an hour with unlimited free pistol swaps. Tried a VP9, P30, G34, SR9 and a CZ-SP01. I shot each really well slow fire which is typical for me, however when I started picking up the pace with failure drills and bill drills my small sized mitts really started affecting the controllability.

At this point I think I need to look into a grip reduced glock, but am open to suggestions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    At this point I think I need to look into a grip reduced glock, but am open to suggestions.
    Check out the new Ruger American Pistol with the small grip shell. It reduces the grip's depth and width, giving it a really nice, controllable feel. I have the "blocky" grip problem with Glocks and this is a way better feel than my full size G units. As to the fact it's still a Ruger; I think they really upped their game with this handgun. It's worth a try.

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Check out the new Ruger American Pistol with the small grip shell. It reduces the grip's depth and width, giving it a really nice, controllable feel. I have the "blocky" grip problem with Glocks and this is a way better feel than my full size G units. As to the fact it's still a Ruger; I think they really upped their game with this handgun. It's worth a try.

Appreciate the heads up brother thanks! Actually of all the guns I shot today the Ruger SR9 felt the best, but couldn't get past the manual safety