Uploads
    Name:  11-18 Upload (23 of 126).jpg
Views: 397
Size:  174.9 KB

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's missing a couple selector positions, but other than that, what's not to like?

"It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    It's missing a couple selector positions, but other than that, what's not to like?
    No paddle mag release, no threaded barrel.

Yeah, I'll still get one. ....... but when they hit $2200 ish. I've been seeing them drop in price since release, so that's a positive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    No paddle mag release, no threaded barrel.

Yeah, I'll still get one. ....... but when they hit $2200 ish. I've been seeing them drop in price since release, so that's a positive.
    A paddle mag release is the first thing i plan on adding. I'm trying to source the parts from someplace other than hkparts.net, and i'd like to see if i can figure out a way to install it without having to molest the receiver. I think i've got a solid plan for that, but i won't know for sure until i get the parts.

I do have a Swiss made B&T cold hammer forged 3-lug barrel (threaded in 1/2-28) for it. That i will need to have sent out to a competent H&K smith for the install. Although, the idea of keeping the original non-threaded barrel on the gun and going the true MP5K route (as opposed to the MP5K-PDW with threaded 3-lug barrel) is rather appealing. Keeping the gun as original as i can and preserving it's factory finish, value, and collectability, as well as keeping it as small as possible are all considerations. Of course, this means i'll have to acquire another one to deck out with the threaded 3-lug barrel and whatnot.

As for price, i think i did alright. I got around $300 knocked off retail, plus a nice discount on the fees for a few transfers i was picking up at the same time. So i'm pleased with how things worked out. If i get another one, i will wait until it can be had for that $2200 figure you mentioned.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I get one, I'm just leaving it the way it is, other than a foregrip/Stock and of course the stamp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I get one, I'm just leaving it the way it is, other than a foregrip/Stock and of course the stamp.
    That's what I'm leaning towards for this one, leave it as is except for a B&T folder and MP5K vertical foregrip. If I can do the paddle mag release without having to drill/weld the receiver, I'll ad that as well. If not, I'll install it on the second one, should I get one. Which stock are you thinking of for yours, when the time comes? B&T? Choate?

I'm curious what the used market will look like for the SP5K. As long as it's still being imported, I imagine one will be able to score a clean used example for less than street price of a new one. But like the Mark 23, I'm sure they will retain much of their value. Once they're no longer being imported, I can see these selling for as much as, if not more than the SP89s are fetching.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my non-expert opinion, I don't think the secondary market will be as good on these as far as holding their value. They are neutered and there is plenty of competition out there, even arguably better. These aren't like USC's or SL8's either where people will buy them up on the secondary market as hosts. There are no other options with UMP and G36 conversions. MP5's the clones are plentiful.

I'd love to see HK just release what the consumer wants... yes I know it's easier said than done and it's more than just a hurdle or two. I don't subscribe to the, "they're HK and they hate us." They could easily put all the cloners out of business though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my non-expert opinion, I don't think the secondary market will be as good on these as far as holding their value. They are neutered and there is plenty of competition out there, even arguably better. These aren't like USC's or SL8's either where people will buy them up on the secondary market as hosts. There are no other options with UMP and G36 conversions. MP5's the clones are plentiful.

I'd love to see HK just release what the consumer wants... yes I know it's easier said than done and it's more than just a hurdle or two. I don't subscribe to the, "they're HK and they hate us." They could easily put all the cloners out of business though.
    Time will tell. I think that as long as the SP5K is still being imported into the US, the secondary market may be a little soft but i think they will still hold their value better than say an MKE. But if the SP89 is any indicator, once they stop being imported, if that ever happens, they will command a premium. MP5 clones might be plentiful, but genuine civilian legal German HKs are a bit more scarce. Not as scarce as USCs or SL8s, but far less numerous than any of the major players in the clone market. Some people will always be willing to pay a premium to have a German gun as the starting point for their project, hence the hefty price tags on guns like the SP89 (which was just as neutered as the SP5K is) and the HK94.

As for the whole "you suck and we hate you" thing, i'm with you. I don't believe it for a minute. I've found HK's customer service to be superior to just about every other firearm manufacturer i've ever dealt with. The neutered state of the SP5K has as much to do with German export laws as it does with US import restrictions. I'm sure HK could've saved a boat load of cash selling us standard MP5Ks with a semi auto trigger pack as opposed to having to engineer a bunch of crap that makes conversion to full auto difficult to do. But i'm happy they did, as it's tough to beat a real HK even if it is slightly neutered.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Nice. It's a shame Sig doesn't just cut a M1913 Picatinny rail on every railed pistol they make. All my Sig P-series pistols have Sig's half-assed accessory rail instead of a real M1913 rail.
    Last edited by Deadwing; 3 December 2016 at 04:45.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear you, though at the same time, it's worked out well for me because Glock is also non-standard. Because the Sigs push the light forward in the rail, I'm able to run a Glock attachment clip and sand down the front face of the lug ever so slightly. Now I can run my Glock lights on my Sigs and it's not loose on either gun.

A little ghetto, I know, but saved me a little money in case I want to move a light around, which is fairly rare, and doesn't make me want to go all out and buy another.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I hear you, though at the same time, it's worked out well for me because Glock is also non-standard. Because the Sigs push the light forward in the rail, I'm able to run a Glock attachment clip and sand down the front face of the lug ever so slightly. Now I can run my Glock lights on my Sigs and it's not loose on either gun.

A little ghetto, I know, but saved me a little money in case I want to move a light around, which is fairly rare, and doesn't make me want to go all out and buy another.

I like that idea and wouldn't say that it's ghetto at all. More like clever and practical. That's money in the bank (or spent on ammo). I'm going to file that trick away for future use.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Smith & Wesson Model 69 44 Magnum.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ