Page 9 of 122 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love those old school jungle fatigues, Quib.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm learning more about getting pics done, and these 2 will explain it. Hangun alone on a white background, good. Handgun and accessories on a white background - Fail.

My EDC, Para P13-45. Stellar Pawn Shop find, but I would pay retail on it. I prefer the double stack feel over the single stack on the 1911's.....I know I know. My only gripes are no Strider (or any other for that matter) grips for Para's, and the rear sight is unique. I'd love to get a 10-8 rear sight on this.
    Dlask Trigger
    C&S Tactical drop in trigger group
    Mars Armament mainspring housing
    a few other internal parts
    Norrell's refinished

Better shot with background. I'm learning....

Work Gun - Sig P226. Prior to this I carried an H&K USP .40, that was, until my first "intense" 2 day tactical hangun course. Loved the HK, but would really hate to fight with it after that weekend. Would definitely own another Sig, maybe a more up to date version, but this hasn't let me down yet. Moved to Florida and they regulate the calibers to .380 and 9mm in auto only, revolvers have a bit more room. If they'd get a bit of common sense, I'd be carrying the Para for work too. I still can't grip about this SIG whatsoever though, great necessity purchase before the move.

The newest toy, and it is pretty much. Umarex/HK 416.22 pistol. I've read the ordeal with the Colts, haven't had an issue till I hit around 850 rds (remington gold and federal bulk) this week without cleaning it. Sprayed the bolt down with oil, runs like a champ. Going to try to hit the 1k mark before I clean it. Color me impressed with it. I ended up with it on a trade, so I don't know that I'd actually purchase one, but it has inspired me to pick up a CMMG evo drop in kit for my other rifles for more trigger time in the back yard. My 8 year old son loves it. Cycles everything so far, including CCI subsonic 40gr.

MP7 sights, as the Umarex cloned HK sights inhale with great vigor. ASAP plate cause I had an extra one laying around. Sling is SKD drop slider (hated it with the SBR, works perfect for this for some reason).

Last edited by GriffonSec; 18 January 2011 at 19:24. Reason: yanked a pic

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally got my Micarta grips back on the Para after figuring out a trigger issue. The stirrup on the Dlask trigger was binding against the grip 'ears' towards the rear. Dremel and about 30 seconds each, no more issues! I like these much better:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice photo GriffonSec. I have a P13 as well, but it sees little use. I stopped by the Para booth at SHOT, noticed no P13's on display and the rep told me that the P13 was no longer produced. Probably very old news, but I wasn't aware of that.

What is the texture like on those grips?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shame to hear that, something to the compact size combined with the weight of 13 rounds that just feels.....right. I have noticed it needs to be carried close to the body due to the weight.

Believe it or not, Quib gave me the idea on these grips. I mentioned truck bed liner on my 6.8 mags, and I believe he mentioned using it on a set of Sig grips. These are the Smith and Alexander smooth micarta grips, with a light coat of TBL. Great feel, and I get to loose the finger grooved rubber ones. They did take some fitting around the safety and lower corners covering the mainspring housing pin (way sharp). They didn't interfere with the stock trigger, only the DLASK (?).

Love the feel of the grips now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's my 9mm H&K P30L. I would absolutely buy this again. It's extremely ergonomic and fits my hand very well with the help of interchangeable grip panels and back strap. I shoot it well compared to other guns I've owned and find manipulation fast and comfortable. An excellent gun in my opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

S&W Model 10-5

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are mine. CZ 82 in 9x18 and a Colt Defender in .45. Would I buy them again? I didn't buy them in the first place but yes on the CZ since it is one of the most accurate CCW size pistols I have shot and $200 is a heck of a price. The Colt probably not. I would much prefer a SIG 226 or 229 but I trade for both of them and the Colt was bought by my friend back when they came out and only has 100 rounds through it so far..

Downloads
    Uploads
    STEYR M9 with Burris FastFire reflex sight.

I love my M9. I swapped out the trap sights because of old man eyes syndrom, and I really like it too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    GTI-

Curious how you went about mounting your Burris, as I'm looking to possibly put one on my XD. Did you use one of the Burris mounts or some other solution? And finally, did you mount it yourself or does the mount need to be installed by a 'smith? Burris is lacking any sort of instructions on their website.

Thanks,

--Bravo
    Last edited by BravoHotel; 26 January 2011 at 21:17.

Downloads
    Uploads

FailZero Glock 19 with EXO coating

I was surprised to see this EXO-coated Glock at the local shop the other day. After a little research I found that FailZero was coating Glock pistols in a partnership with Talo Disributors. They are making 6 models available to start with.

I've been using a FailZero Basic Kit in my M4gery for some time now and I've grown to appreciate the lubricity and durability of the Nickel-Boron coating. EXO-coated parts require no lubrication and make cleanup a breeze. Plus I think it's just neat and it looks cool. I went ahead and added it to the collection.

1000 rounds later it looks brand new and is quickly becoming my favorite pistol.

I've read that Glock is going to make the EXO coating standard. I don't know if this will become a replacement for Tenifer, or if it's just an Internet rumor. In any case, it makes an already great pistol that much better. For me, it's worth the slight increase in cost.

Feel free to comment or ask questions.