Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Sounds good VM, hopefully when you get time you can post some results/review on these.

FT
    I'll be writing up a review soon, it's in my queue.

Compared to a T1, which I've been beating up for the better part of several years, I can say that the MRO has done well in competition.

The only two things I've ever heard, one of which I could personally verify, was that in extreme cold (under 0F) the MRO would have function issues, which I could not verify and I attempted to freeze the optic several times to confirm this. The other is the optic turning off during firing. This was an issue of a bad battery. It is very easy to fix and I believe it is due to the possible tight tolerances.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Voodoo, did the freezer thing with both the T1 and T2. Didn't get silly, like freezing them (especially for what they cost) and throwing them 30 feet onto a concrete floor, but they passed the condensation test with flying colors. I think, at least in the part of the country I live in, is a reasonable test. Alaska, maybe, but not N. KY.
    As far as optics go, there's always going to be a new kid on the block, but if the last one was excellent to the user, then it's not going to immediately be a POS. Just a simple observation.
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    One answer is that your usage only requires a dot 90+% of the time, but every so often you require a little more mag. For most LVPOs (but not all, of course), the RDS is going to be quicker and lighter. So the few times you need the magnifier, you either attach it or just flip it into "use mode" and do what you need to do.

Does every rifle need this for every use-case? Of course not. But when either a LVPO isn't needed, or a LVPO (that matches your usage...read: more capable which equals more expensive) on every rifle is cost-prohibitive, the magnifier fill a niche.
    Boo Hiss, BS. I think that the democrats screwed us, and are using Gator as an excuse to not impeach trump. he..he..he...he...
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Voodoo, did the freezer thing with both the T1 and T2. Didn't get silly, like freezing them (especially for what they cost) and throwing them 30 feet onto a concrete floor, but they passed the condensation test with flying colors. I think, at least in the part of the country I live in, is a reasonable test. Alaska, maybe, but not N. KY.
    As far as optics go, there's always going to be a new kid on the block, but if the last one was excellent to the user, then it's not going to immediately be a POS. Just a simple observation.
    FT
    I don't do the concrete thing, that's just youtube fodder for the derpers.

The freezer didn't do anything to the MRO, the thing just worked. I'm guessing the batteries probably were dying in the cold weather hence the flicker, and causation / correlation etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only thing I question, is buying a RDS and then spending a small fortune for a magnifier. Hell, if you're going to do all of that, why not go with a 1X4 or 6 or etc. scope? My instincts are if you buy a magnifier, you want to see a long ways, so why not buy a Vortex or other variable, depending what your budget is? That, a QD mount and some BUIS and you're covered for a lot of situations. You don't have to buy a $1500 Vortex, there are many good quality scopes and mounts that would serve you well for half of that.

Oh well, I hope whatever you do, it works out great for you.

FT
    IME, the red dot remains easier to use in unorthodox positions. I've run my Kahles against my T-2, and in weird positions, the T-2 was way faster for me (e.g., shooting under barricades). One can argue it's a training issue, but then again, if I can use gear to mitigate edge cases, why not? I'm currently looking at the 6x magnifier from Aimpoint, and keeping my RDSes on my short guns (which is not to say an 11.5" or 12.5" with a 1-6x isn't a great do-everything gun, just that my SBRs aren't focused on that).

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    T2 with mount $645.

https://ar15safespace.com/shop/aimpo...tandard-mount/

Use code: memday19

Use code on any of their RDS on that site, including green dot MRO.