Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    No love for the CompM5 here?

The Aimpoint PRO is probably the safest budget choice when buying new.

You can probably find used RMRs for a decent price these days, as people dump them for the ACRO and SRO.
    The Comp5 is my favorite optic, followed by the T2

I still like full sized Aimpoints for 14.5 and 16" carbines. Bigger tube is not a bad thing for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Except for my LR-10, 6.8 SPC and LMT, all of my AR's have Aimpoints. My favorites are T1's and T2's. I've used other's but always go back to Aimpoints. I thought the OP was looking for a "budget" red dot, so I recommended the PA. Not bad for the buck. I think I've got a different mount on every one, only have had bad experience with one and I don't recall what it was, now.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m not much help.

But I’ve used the MRO shortly, Aimpoint PRO, many t1/h1 wannabes -Sparc AR, , primary arms etc..

Myself, picking up the dot on the minis is harder/slower for myself then say the PRO or MRO, which I briefly had in a trade bundle, got rid of it and the PRO . Tough times, but I’d like to pick up a MRO again.

I really liked the bigger tube or whatnot for finding the dot better..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Except for my LR-10, 6.8 SPC and LMT, all of my AR's have Aimpoints. My favorites are T1's and T2's. I've used other's but always go back to Aimpoints. I thought the OP was looking for a "budget" red dot, so I recommended the PA. Not bad for the buck. I think I've got a different mount on every one, only have had bad experience with one and I don't recall what it was, now.

FT
    I was looking at various options. True. If money were not an issue it would already be wearing a T2. I basically wanted to get a small list of options out there so I could see what other choices I have. The difference will basically be how long I have to save up to get the stuff I want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aimpoint has the Comp M5s now too, just gotta find out who has it available for sale. But its pricey

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW, I'm pretty sure both PA and Sig RDS are made by Holosun. I've got a cheapo PA micro (prior generation) that has worked fine. The Sig Romeo 5 gets good reviews for the price point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just saw an H2 on a Geissele mount for $500 flat on M4C. That deal is like a sore pecker.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I was looking at those too. My question is an Aimpoint twice as good as that MRO?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I was looking at those too. My question is an Aimpoint twice as good as that MRO?
    Don't have any experience with that optic, nor have I seen one but when you add another $72.00 for the mount, you're getting close too T1 and T2 money.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Personal opinion: no. The MRO will serve your needs. Used ones are listed higher than this.

But you can go round in circles debating the pros and cons and value. This is a deal I’d jump on. I think T2s and M5s are overpriced.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't have any experience with that optic, nor have I seen one but when you add another $72.00 for the mount, you're getting close too T1 and T2 money.

FT
    Do share where you’re finding T2s with mount for $400!

Downloads
    Uploads

FT
    Aimpoint doesn't provide mounts either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Do share where you’re finding T2s with mount for $400!
    I sense a bit of sarcasm. If it were just me and you, I'd tell you that "if it were up your ass, you'd know where to find it". But being the nice guy that I am, and you're always pretty cordial and helpful, the answer is nowhere. But if you're going to spend $400, you're not that far away from just saying screw it and buy the T2 or T1 that you wanted. That's all. Man, this place is starting to get a little "ARF15-ish". Good luck, hope you find what you were looking for.

PS, if the TRO is what you were looking for, Primary Arms is having, according to their email, a "big" sale on RDS today.

FT.

Last edited by FortTom; 22 May 2019 at 12:04.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man, this place is starting to get a little "ARF15-ish".

I wouldn’t take it too seriously or personal. People are emotionally tied to their gear and purchases. Buy what works for you.