Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

A little Class - Finer Things

First of all, let me tell you that this is not a promotional, advertisement or anything of that sort. However, I thought I would share this with you who appreciate a good wine. Actually a "dry" wine, and more specifically a Cabernet Sauvignon. I've been a wine fan for many years and I've drank wines that sold for $200 a bottle, (no I didn't pay that, just drank some) to $5.00 a bottle.

Price doesn't mean shit, when it comes to wine. Anyone remember "2 buck Chuck"?. Yeah, it cost two dollars a bottle at Trader Joes, and won best in class, world champion. Almost unbelievable.

Well a friend of mine, who owns a somewhat small liquor store put me up to a blind test. He gave me two 1.5 L bottles of Cabernet and refused to give me the price, just my opinion.

O.K. I'm not an expert on wines, but I do know a little. So, I took the bottles home and I'll be damned. If your a Cab S. fan, you'll be impressed with this. Definetly a "dry" wine, with a 13% alcohol content, and when I took the first glass, I got a serious kick in the ass. It didn't have an "alcohol" taste or finish, it was an astounding fruity taste, without any aftertaste of a high alcohol flavor. This has a ultra smooth finish, with an exceptional fruit finish..agian, a fruity taste in a dry wine. Freakin great!

This is the "crazy" aspect, it's grown in Argentina. I had no idea that Argentina had Vineyards, much less than produce good wine.

If this is your kind of thing, try it. I whole heartedly recommend it.

Like I said, my local dealer isn't being promoted, nor the vineyard, I don't know anyone from there, like I would go to Argentina anyway.

If you like so called dry wines, give this stuff a try. I'm absolutely digging it and going to buy a case. (He gave me two 1.5L bottles, so I'm going to return the favor and buy a case).

My bud told me how to pronounce this, but I forgot. But the vineyard is TRAPIHE. My bottle is 2015 CABERNET SAUVIGNON, Argentina.

And hell no, I won't trade for Whiskey, Bourbon, or Fancy cigars.

FT
    PS. No heh, won't take exceptional KY Bourbon or Whisky, and don't smoke so, so Jerry, you can keep those smuggled in Cuban Cigars. he..he..he…
    Last edited by FortTom; 22 May 2019 at 15:37.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT, reviewing wine.... now I've seen everything.

Had you pegged as a white zinfandel kind of guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    FT, reviewing wine.... now I've seen everything.

Had you pegged as a white zinfandel kind of guy.
    Well since you bought up the entire supply of Princess Pink Bubbly, I had two switch to something

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m with you Tom. I was a beer and bourbon guy until my sixties. But I lost my taste for beer, except Guinness Stout, and even 2-3 fingers of bourbon now gives me a morning headache. I look forward to trying your Trapihe Cab.

My wine fanatic best friend and his wife hooked me on wines. I’m about 90/10 reds to whites. But decent Tawny Port is my biggest weakness. I just bought a case of reds and half case of port at Total wine. I wait for the 20% off coupon and add my $20 points club reward.

I like this site to find good cheap juice at other stores.
    https://www.reversewinesnob.com/
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    I’m with you Tom. I was a beer and bourbon guy until my sixties. But I lost my taste for beer, except Guinness Stout, and even 2-3 fingers of bourbon now gives me a morning headache.
    There is where you screwed up, my friend. You drink two or three "fingers" of Bourbon. In KY we measure Bourbon, like we do horses. Example, someone will tell you that their horse is X amount of hands high, that gives you the size of the horse. Well, you have to drink several hands of Bourbon. It's like Yin and Yang. You wake up with one hell of a headache, but you don't know it, because there's still so much anesthesia in your body that hasn't metabolized yet, so it counters the pain of the headache. See my logic, here?

So grab a 1.5L of bourbon and drink a couple of "hands", not fingers. When you wake up, if you do, take about 10 or 12 BC Powders and a half a gallon of water, and you'll be fine in a couple of hours or so.

Glad I could help you with that.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 24 May 2019 at 22:43.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Argentina has been known as a bargain house for good wine for decades. If you poured their wine into a bottle with Napa as the origin it’s price would double. Australia is right there with them for true bargains for wine drinkers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Argentina has been known as a bargain house for good wine for decades. If you poured their wine into a bottle with Napa as the origin it’s price would double. Australia is right there with them for true bargains for wine drinkers.
    I've had quite a bit of wine from Australia. A lot of good stuff there. However, don't drink it over there. Seriously, we went to Australia, when I was in the mil, for two weeks of training near Alice Springs Ha..ha.. training, right. We trained for about two days, and then it was a beer fest until it was time to go home. The Aussies are really good guys, and very good at what they do, but if you don't drink Fosters in oil can sized beer cans they will consider you a giant wuss. And if you ordered a glass of wine, I assure you you'll be in for a good fight to defend your honor. That stuff, to me, tastes like someone poured grain alcohol in a can of piss, but I learned to like it, at least 'till I got back home.

FT P.S. if you're in the outback, be warned, every creature there that can bite or sting you, will, and you will probably die.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you mean Trapiche? The Trapiche Malbec is my "house red"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Did you mean Trapiche? The Trapiche Malbec is my "house red"
    Yes. He had the Malbec in stock also. But wanted me to try the Cab. "Mendoza". Sorry, my spell checking and typing skills are deteriorating.
    FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 24 May 2019 at 13:55.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol...didn’t figure old forttom as a wine sipper...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Lol...didn’t figure old forttom as a wine sipper...
    Probably just carries around the bladder from the boxed wine and takes sips when he needs it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably just carries around the bladder from the boxed wine and takes sips when he needs it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha! We used to drive around in Chicago with a keg in the backseat. We would put a wig on the tap and put an arm around it so when a cop pulled up next to us at a light it just looked like another person in the back seat...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT, is your Trapiche Cab the Oak Cask or Medalla?
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    FT, is your Trapiche Cab the Oak Cask or Medalla?
    Mendoza. https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/t...entina/2015#t2 Look on left side of page where picture of bottle is and go to image #2.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 24 May 2019 at 14:06.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger