Downloads
    Uploads

Stuck in California with a 1.0 but an option to buy a 2.0

Currently own a Apex ffs flat faced trigger on my m&p9 1.0 with Apex barrel. There are 2.0 for sale via private party but heavily marked up (900-1000 bucks for a 2.0) being the tinkered that I am if I were to ever buy a 2.0 I'd be Apex'ing it anyway. So does the 2.0 bring anything to the table that my Apex'd 1.0 couldn't do? Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can answer a little of this. I have 3 1.0 M&P's, a 9mm, .40 cal., and a .45ACP. All three have APEX FSS triggers in them, and those triggers are the closest thing to a finely tuned 1911 trigger as I've ever felt as far as a striker fired pistol goes. All three are accurate and perform flawlessly. If you're using it as a duty gun, I doubt any law enforcement agency in the U.S., would allow them for duty use if you had that in mind (Apex does have other triggers to meet certain LE0/Govt agency requirements). After a LGS got a few {2.0's) in, I went to see them. Besides the improvements (somewhat) in the new models, I wasn't impressed at all, at least to the point I'd want to sell or trade mine in on a 2.0 version. ESPECIALLY not for double the price of a ver 1., that's just freaking crazy. I paid $450 to $499 each for mine, new. Add the price for the APEX FSS, and I'd have close to $1200 plus another "?" for better sights. if I had to pay 1K for a ver 2.0. Other than that, I didn't really see anything about the 2.0 that was functionally a lot better than the 3 I have.

Good luck, whatever you choose.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 21 April 2018 at 16:44.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the response. That's exactly what I was looking for. Probably one of the worst infringements in California is the roster of "safe" handguns. M&p 1.0 used to be on the list but they fell off when Smith didn't renew. Pretty much the only striker fired pistols left on the roster are gen 3 glocks (certain models) and XDs. The guns that are unsafe is any new pistol that doesn't come with microstamping or loaded chamber indicator. LEOs are exempt from the roster and are allowed to buy "unsafe" handguns. Many of whom make money on the side selling these unsafe off roster guns. Ie 2.0s, gen5s Cz p10s and sig p320s selling on forums for twice the msrp. A couple of which have been arrested and charged by the Atf for selling without a license.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk