Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With logic like that, I’d bet you remain poor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Humm...300 dollar forged lower and its picky about mags...lol..no thanks..sometimes I like being poor
    Products that generally have to be designed to accept a wide range of variances is not necessarily a good thing. Prime example, having your gun work with cheap steel case ammo to match grade ammo. Low end AR barrels all have their gas ports opened up, so bubba shooting his Tula ammo doesn't complain his gun doesn't work.

There is nothing wrong with the MARS Lower. It's actually closer to $200, and has full ambi controls. It's actually not a bad deal if you account for the features.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Humm...300 dollar forged lower and its picky about mags...lol..no thanks..sometimes I like being poor
    Maybe that’s why mil took forever to approve pmags.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or maybe it's actually "10 dollar plastic mags and they're picky about receivers"?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I usually run Lancers in my guns now, also some ETS mags for range use.

Because of this thread, I tried out 6 different Gen 2 mags, only 1 would not drop. I also noticed Hexmags got caught up as well. ETS, Lancers, Gen 3 PMAGs, USGI, Surefire, all ran fine.
    Yeah I have been meaning to pick up some metal mags just to mix it up a bit. Thinking about the Okay Ind. and some of the FN mags Sinner had mentioned that were ultra reliable. Pmags are like bic lighters, disposable...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Well this is all giving me strong second thoughts about purchasing a Mars lower...
    I wouldnt sweat it brother, worst case scenario is it doesnt lock back after the last round. All the more reason to do a chamber check before swapping mags. LMT makes some quality gear. I wouldnt put this on them because I am pretty sure your lower is well within spec. Magpul wanted the best of both worlds but that just isnt going to happen...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I wouldnt sweat it brother
    Not a problem here, just wanted to run this by the clan. Current inventory is 178 AR magazines (not counting 308 mags), and only 24 are Gen-1 or Gen-2 PMags. Just wanted to be sure it was not something I did, or if it was a known issue.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"