Took the new LMT pistol to the range today. Thought I would only need one magazine for test purposes. Shot great, would not lock back on the empty magazine.

Came home and did some additional testing. Would not lock back on an empty magazine when cycling the charging handle. Hmmmm

Fiddled with the pistol for awhile, then took a look at the magazine. A recently purchased 30 round gen-2 Pmag. Okay, lets try another one ... another gen-2 - same issue. Tried a Colt aluminum 20 round - locked back perfectly.

Okay ... tried a gen-3 Pmag - worked perfectly. Now I'm confused. Tried eight gen-2 Pmags - none worked. Tried a dozen gen-3 Pmags - they all worked.

The magazine followers appear to be the same size and shape, just a different color.

My position on this is that the lower should work the same with any magazine if you are just cycling the charging handle.

The Gen-2 Pmags do not push the bolt catch up at all, much less enough to activate the catch.

The lower is the LMT ambi version. Not sure if the ambi parts are impairing the bolt catch movement. Even if that were true, what could be the follower/spring differences between gen-2 and gen-3 ... not even considering Colt mags and DHS aluminum work it just fine.

I have not contacted LMT yet. Not sure it would be their problem anyway.

Any thoughts or input greatly appreciated.