Downloads
    Uploads

CZ Scorpion...Brace or NFA?

Got a CZ scorpion.

Put cash towards a form 1 and SBR it or just do the SB tactical brace?

In general I don't like braces because they usually feel gimicky and who knows what the ATF will decide about them in the future. The SB brace for the scorpion, however, looks pretty damn good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Got a CZ scorpion.

Put cash towards a form 1 and SBR it or just do the SB tactical brace?

In general I don't like braces because they usually feel gimicky and who knows what the ATF will decide about them in the future. The SB brace for the scorpion, however, looks pretty damn good.
    I don't mind a brace, I just like stocks so much better.

Hate the permission slip fees, but.... ultimately I'd go with whatever you think will be the best for you. Like you mention though, main reason I limit my braces... the ATF could change their ruling and poof, just like that you have a paperweight and as you know a lot of braces aint cheap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know. That is why I can't decide. I will probably go the nfa route though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I vote for the brace. I didn’t care for the looks of the SB tactical so bought the CZ adapter and mounted an SBA3. Then I tried an old Sig brace and was surprised to find I liked that better. LOP is perfect for me as is the height for a lo-mount MRO. The SBA3 is still my go-to for AR’s though.

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    To me it boils down to use and if you are going over state lines alot. Once you get a stock no one can take it from you for the most part, but all it takes for a brace to change is just some executive order or less to change the game.

If the gun is a keeper then I vote SBR depending on where you live and all that. Brace it if you need to so you can avoid all the other hassles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can always SBR it later if they change the laws. I just picked up a CMMG Banshee with their Rip Brace and it's every bit as good as a stock.

I have 2 SBRs which I did before the braces became popular. I never would have bothered if I could have just done the braces from the start. It's a huge hassle, it's costly and totally irrelevant these days. Also, I prefer not to feed the beast. The NFA needs to go away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SBR, 100%. Makes it irrelevance-proof. Braces will go away, bank on it. Some dumbass will write a letter asking if blah-blah-blah is legal, and that'll put the shits to it for everybody. It's not if, it's when.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I think I decided I am going to go brace short term, submit my paperwork if I don't like the brace. As it is, the gun really is unusable. Needs a brace or stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got the SB tactical folding brace installed today. I generally have not been a fan of braces in the past but...the damn thing IS a stock. It is actually a pretty slick setup. Going to run it like this for a while. Can always go NFA in the future.