Downloads
    Uploads

Rugged Pistol Cans (Discussion)

I have a wish list of stuff that I want to eventually get and that includes rounding out my pistol can collection from more than just one.

I have an older version of the Griffin Revolution 9, but if or rather when the day ever arrives when I can buy more stuff I was looking at Rugged as well.

One big difference between Griffin and Rugged is that to go to K configuration on one you take out the back end booster assembly and the other you unscrew a section from the tube up front and just replace the end cap.

It seems pretty cool and I like the looks of the Rugged pistol cans too.

Any pros or cons to that design difference?

Anything else good or bad to say specific to pistol cans from either company? Is one more quiet than the other?

Anybody have experience shooting both the Revolution and Obsidian? Impressions? Thoughts?

FYI I am talking 9mm and 45 both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a GA Revo 9, too, and my next can will probably be an Obsidian 9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I have a GA Revo 9, too, and my next can will probably be an Obsidian 9
    Same here.

That said I want to compare the finer points of things between the two. I don't have a .45 can so right now that's my only area of non coverage so I am looking at both the 9 and 45 in a heads up comparison between what all I get with a GA vs a Rugged.

A few more cans and I will be pretty much set suppressor wise for a really long time and I can just zero in on hosts that I like better.

It's wish list stuff for the moment but eventually opportunity will present itself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamo, did you notice that the Obsidian cans are on sale at SS right now? I shot the Obsidian 45 on a 9mm Scorpion but not side-by-side with the Revo 9, so can't really say much to compare. My gripe with the Revo9 is how hard it can be to disassemble. I bought a strap wrench because of the thing. I'm not sure the Rugged design fully mitigates that, though. I'm sure you've watched and read the same internet stuff I have, but it seems like the Obsidian 45 is one of the top 45 cans on the market and the owner of the one I show was very happy with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did not.

I'm very broke at the moment so buying another can is not a thing until I can get back into a decent job. That said eventually things will happen and I hopefully will get into some cash.

As for the Rev9, I don't have any major complaint about it. I have an older model and it has a sticky baffle but it's nothing too serious.

I also think the end caps could benefit a lot from a dual lock system like on the Optimus Micro.

Once the can is all tight and carboned up it works great. I literally have no reference point to work off of though to evaluate competition. It's not like I go out and can shoot someone else's can to see if I like it or not.

That all said I don't have anything against Griffin except maybe that their communication sometimes lacks and they sometimes take even constructive ideas as being criticism. Again nothing horrid by any means.

At the end of the day I'm pleased but I will definitely want more cans in the future. My idea is to have redundancy of at least two in every caliber.

Once I hit that level I'm going to be good on NFA items for a while, barring one off things here or there.

WEVO is the only gun forum I go to but I do try to read up on stuff and I've never heard a complaint at all about Rugged.

For rifle cans I'm invested in a mount system but for pistol calibers not so much. I can basically try something new there and not just be a one trick pony.

I do have certain things that tickle my fancy and Rugged definitely does that so why not try?

Usually my buying habits are really calculated especially for big purchases or something like a can with a marriage policy attached to it.

It's window shopping for now but six months from now I could maybe put 5 or 6 cans in jail at once. It just depends on prospects.

That said I definitely want to check them out in person if the chance pops up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I'm late to the party iv'e been raising my blood pressure on twitter because I'm apparently a sadist .

I've spend some time shooting the Obsidian 45 and ran it against a few other 45 cans and really like it . My Osprey 45 is a bit more quite ...or the tone is better I have no idea as I have no idea what a db sounds like and have no measuring tools but I personally found it more pleasant in terms of sound .

It was better with blowback then my Osprey & I like the modularity of it and would not hesitate to get one over most pistol cans .