Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I managed to get Optics Planet to give me an Aimpoint CompML3 2MOA dot for $426 (w/ cover, flip caps, and free Gerber Suspension multi-tool) after they were out of the CompC3 ($375) and tried to offer me an alternate sale. I like my new CompML3. Had to do it over the phone to get that price.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone tried the new Burris AR-332 (3x-32mm) Tube Tactical Prism Red Dot Sight($299)?

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-a...dot-sight.html

The Burris AR-332 3x-32mm Tube Tactical Prism Red Dot Sight is rugged, compact, waterproof and comes with a unique Ballistic / Close Quarters reticle that performs with a bullet drop compensation out to 500 yards. Burris provides this red dot scope with integrated lens covers, multi-coated lenses and a 1.5" sunshade. --- Optics Planet.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would also say Millet DMS1 also for 300 range. Personelly I would spend more to get a better one.

I have the following, all of which are good for their purpose:
    Aimpoint T1 - great for light carry. Good optic, but 4 MOA.
    Eotech 553 - great for my mid or carbine with magnifier. Good for CQB and the flip magnifier for little more range
    Bushnell var to 24x - reach out and touch someone, on my LW long barrel
    Accupoint TR21 1.25 to 4x - haven't tried yet, but feels like good for my middy
    Accupoint TR22 2.5x to 10x - haven't tried yet, feels like a middy or longer, definitely not for my patrol rifle due to it being huge.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also thought about getting an accupoint 1.25-4 for a middy. Price seems reasonable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Accupoint looks very good when I looked through it. The reticle is very clear whether in dim lighting or bright lighting. Wish they had the 1-4x out at the time I bought. Any case I got this at a stealing price, used with LaRue mount. I think the only confusing thing about Accupoints is what reticle type to get.. there's so many choices. I have the Amber and it seems pretty good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    did you get the triangle or "zhe german" ?

what scopecovers do you use with the 1.25-4x Accupoint? ( whats the size for the front and the rear?)Are there butlercreeks in that size?

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Venom; 1 May 2009 at 16:32.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

The Strikefire is as good as you can get for the price. It holds up decent at the range, I now use it on my "hawg" configuration. I'm happy with it. IMO. While the glass is not 1,000 bucks worth, it definately is clear. Check out Sportsman's Guide, or go to Vortex web site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    did you get the triangle or "zhe german" ?

what scopecovers do you use with the 1.25-4x Accupoint? ( whats the size for the front and the rear?)Are there butlercreeks in that size?

Thanks guys

I use the triangle, and there are caps that fit. I've used the ADM and Bobro mounts with great repeatability and no complaints or concerns of any sort.

Downloads
    Uploads
    could you give me the sizes ? greatly appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads
    Triji Accupoint FTW

Downloads
    Uploads
    It comes with yellow tinted scope covers. Non flip, just elastic bands.
    I have the standard reticle which is the yellow triangle. I believe Stickman uses the red if I recall my IM conversation with him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it is not a $300 scope, but I recently bought a Leupold 1.5-5x20mm MK4 M2 illuminated. I have had it for about a month now and I am very impressed with it for a mid range AR scope. It is rock solid and the SPR reticle is fast for ranging and hold overs, then with the M2 BDC turrets longer range shots become a snap. In addition to the 5.56 62gr turret I called Leupold and bought the extra 5.56 77gr BDC turret for $35 delivered and it works perfect. I bought the scope NIB but second hand for $850

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been looking very hard at the VXIII version of that scope that sells for nearly half as much. Have a local Leupold rep that's wanting to come out and shoot with us that I want to discuss the differences with.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I've been looking very hard at the VXIII version of that scope that sells for nearly half as much. Have a local Leupold rep that's wanting to come out and shoot with us that I want to discuss the differences with.
    Rob Maybe my roman is off but what is VXIII ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    So you like the lupold well then? I am torn between the lupold and the newest accupoint. I like the BDC capibility the lupold has but like the true 1-4x the triji posesses plus the better illumination.