Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

DD RIS II availability

After waiting for months for the DD RIS II FSP to become available again, and getting burned by procuring through ebay only to learn that it's actually an airsoft replica ("we told you so, Carl!"), the USMC gave up on the RIS II and simply bought the Ergo thingy that bolts on to your FSP.

Name:  1000w_q95.jpg
Views: 17498
Size:  192.2 KB

Source: https://www.dvidshub.net/image/53616...tinum-ren-2019

And, for those that didn't know this thing existed: https://www.ergogrips.net/shop/ergo-m4-4-rail/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was gonna say, wasn't this part of the group testing silencers?

Name:  1000w_q95.jpg
Views: 2175
Size:  249.8 KB
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would you have been opposed to the KAC FF RAS MRE-B?

https://www.operationparts.com/kac-k...t-filler-tube/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Would you have been opposed to the KAC FF RAS MRE-B?

https://www.operationparts.com/kac-k...t-filler-tube/
    Man, one of these days I really need to build an upper with a FF RAS. Classic.

I find it funny in the clone groups, people don't want certain parts or rails to be made in numbers again, like the cutout FSB RIS II. I thought they were about cloning, not keeping prices high.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Man, one of these days I really need to build an upper with a FF RAS. Classic.

I find it funny in the clone groups, people don't want certain parts or rails to be made in numbers again, like the cutout FSB RIS II. I thought they were about cloning, not keeping prices high.
    The whole clone world is a bizarre look into extreme LARPing. Not that that's a bad thing unto itself, but they lose me when form comes over function.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Mk 4 and Mk 8 make better rails than the RIS-II for just that reason, but that's just the passage of time in terms of development. IMO, the Mk 16 looks heavier and doesn't bring any innovation like the earlier G unit rails. Don't get me wrong; I want to put together a quad rail gun, but DD, Centurion, or Knight's will all work, and with the RIS costing twice what a RAS can be bought for used. I'd rather have a nice, beat-to-shit RAS pulled off a gun that went places. When it comes to cloning, I don't think twice about guys building up a spitting image of what they carried back in the day. The other part of the clone world is close to the contemporary edc world; their stuff is just for pictures to say "Look what I have". I've seen knives so clean that I know dirt was sprinkled on for photos and then lovingly polished away and the knife put back in the safe (JMJ: you know who I'm talking about). Same with guitars and anything that can be retro'd for retro's sake. 25k repro of EVH or SRV's guitars? You bet; right down to paint chips and dirt smudges. That's fine for somebody else, but I'm still callin' em a clone homo.
    Last edited by Joelski; 10 June 2019 at 14:06.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    The whole clone world is a bizarre look into extreme LARPing. Not that that's a bad thing unto itself, but they lose me when form comes over function.
    Dude, I googled LARPing... [eek] Looks like mass killer training school!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    The Mk 4 and Mk 8 make better rails than the RIS-II for just that reason, but that's just the passage of time in terms of development. IMO, the Mk 16 looks heavier and doesn't bring any innovation like the earlier G unit rails. Don't get me wrong; I want to put together a quad rail gun, but DD, Centurion, or Knight's will all work, and with the RIS costing twice what a RAS can be bought for used. I'd rather have a nice, beat-to-shit RAS pulled off a gun that went places. When it comes to cloning, I don't think twice about guys building up a spitting image of what they carried back in the day. The other part of the clone world is close to the contemporary edc world; their stuff is just for pictures to say "Look what I have". I've seen knives so clean that I know dirt was sprinkled on for photos and then lovingly polished away and the knife put back in the safe (JMJ: you know who I'm talking about). Same with guitars and anything that can be retro'd for retro's sake. 25k repro of EVH or SRV's guitars? You bet; right down to paint chips and dirt smudges. That's fine for somebody else, but I'm still callin' em a clone homo.
    I’ve got a Mk14 rail and it looks heavy, but my 9.5” weighs a hair over 10oz whereas the 9.5” DD MK18 rail is 14.1oz

I’ll be buying Geissele rails from here on out I think. They’re extremely solid

Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing I don't get, especially for guys that never carried these guns and are just doing the cloning thing.... why spend $900 on something like the insight light. What sucked then, still sucks now. And I'm definitely not paying $900 for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    One thing I don't get, especially for guys that never carried these guns and are just doing the cloning thing.... why spend $900 on something like the insight light. What sucked then, still sucks now. And I'm definitely not paying $900 for it.
    Part of what I was getting at. If someone, as Joelski said, was cloning their previously issued gun, I can understand it more. But so many of those guys are just building things to take pictures of, shit on anyone who doesn't have a perfect clone, but will side-step the issue of not having a third pin. I'm still a member of the clone group on FB, but it's exhausting scrolling through there. The only reason I keep it subscribed is to occasionally see parts for sale, which doesn't even really seem to happen anymore.

Dude, I googled LARPing...
    To be fair, it originated more for the Renaissance/Medieval/D&D people (and reenactors, I guess), but the firearms community has certainly embraced the idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Part of what I was getting at. If someone, as Joelski said, was cloning their previously issued gun, I can understand it more. But so many of those guys are just building things to take pictures of, shit on anyone who doesn't have a perfect clone, but will side-step the issue of not having a third pin. I'm still a member of the clone group on FB, but it's exhausting scrolling through there. The only reason I keep it subscribed is to occasionally see parts for sale, which doesn't even really seem to happen anymore.

To be fair, it originated more for the Renaissance/Medieval/D&D people (and reenactors, I guess), but the firearms community has certainly embraced the idea.
    Totally unrelated, this is the first LARPing video I ever saw

https://youtu.be/j_ekugPKqFw

Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally unrelated, this is the first LARPing video I ever saw

https://youtu.be/j_ekugPKqFw
    Me too. I remember that and still love it.

Funny story (at least to me)...

When I was stationed in HI, we had a squadron drunk-ex with all the pilots, but to eliminate any DUIs, we did it at a camp ground that locked the gates at sunset and everyone brought tents (or slept in their minivan...another story there). So while we all started increasing our consumption, and therefore our volume, we were noticed by a group of people in the next camp area. And who should they be? Medieval LARPers, complete with knife throwing and whatever else they were doing over there.

A couple of them finally came over to our group (about 30+ pilots of varying soberness) and said they were getting bored over there and it sounded like we were having a good time. We welcomed them, gave them some beer and they hung out for a while. I remember laughing at my boss who just kept staring at the "wench," complete with corset and incredibly large boobs falling out of her blouse. Good times.

The following week, I found that video and sent it out to all the JOs in the squadron in an email. People seemed to enjoy it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve got a Mk14 rail and it looks heavy, but my 9.5” weighs a hair over 10oz whereas the 9.5” DD MK18 rail is 14.1oz

I’ll be buying Geissele rails from here on out I think. They’re extremely solid
    The Mk 14 is far closer to the 8 than the 16. My issue with the 16 is that huge, blocky, unfinished junction with the upper, and the flat sides just look drab compared to all previous models. All purely aesthetic, but a step backwards nonetheless. The SMR Mk series up to that point always struck me as the perfect balance between CNC artistry, and overkill.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was referring to the trannies who met and married on the field of LARP. =8-0

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I was referring to the trannies who met and married on the field of LARP. =8-0
    So Google tends to give search results based on previous search history. I mean, I'm just sayin'...