Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,842
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    SportCo Holdings Files Bankruptcy

    Does anyone know anything about this company and which brands it owns or whatever?

    "The top ten major unsecured creditors in the SportCo filing are (from #1 to #10) : Vista Outdoors ($3,299,326.61), Sturm Ruger ($3,196.842.10), Magpul Industries ($2,078,353.17), Savage Arms Rifles ($1,927,392.50), Bushnell Corp. ($1,879,795.66), Navico Company ($1,743,684.04), Henry RAC Holding Corp. ($1,467,618.00), Smith & Wesson Corp. ($1,386, 714.26), Garmin USA, Inc. ($1,150,579.41), and Fiocchi of America ($1,096, 632.70)."

    https://www.thetacticalwire.com/feat...d-8b3784a1c6b0

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,842
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    "The company cited management’s impression that Hillary Clinton would win the White House in 2016 and it’s subsequent speculation into guns and ammunition based on that mistaken presumption as one major factor in their failure. Rather than booming sales and healthy margins, they were caught with inventory no one wanted."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,400
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The lack of a huge gun/ammo run leading up to the 2016 election should have clued people in that it wasn't going to be like Sandy Hook again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N. KY
    Posts
    2,607
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    "The company cited management’s impression that Hillary Clinton would win the White House in 2016 and it’s subsequent speculation into guns and ammunition based on that mistaken presumption as one major factor in their failure. Rather than booming sales and healthy margins, they were caught with inventory no one wanted."
    Hillary, the most crooked above the law bitch, wins again with lies, lies and damned lies.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,842
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The lack of a huge gun/ammo run leading up to the 2016 election should have clued people in that it wasn't going to be like Sandy Hook again.
    Were these guys a distributor or do they have any reach into retail or... how does that actually operate in this particular case... if you know...

    That said it was an absolutely stupid call to roll the dice on a single election.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,842
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Hillary, the most crooked above the law bitch, wins again with lies, lies and damned lies.
    She lies like a rug but I have to say I am sorely disappointed with Trump's firearms talk. At best he's somewhere in between a Democrat and a Fudd when it comes to firearms.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,761
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Even more interesting is that the article says HK is in trouble.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,842
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Even more interesting is that the article says HK is in trouble.
    Yep. That too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,400
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Were these guys a distributor or do they have any reach into retail or... how does that actually operate in this particular case... if you know...

    That said it was an absolutely stupid call to roll the dice on a single election.
    There is a SportCo near me. They are a big retailer. Decent prices, so not the full on Cabelas Rape prices. Not surprised people leveraged themselves heavily before the election, hoping to pillage poor unprepared gunowners. You can bet they weren't going to offer $9 PMAGs if Hillary won.

    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Even more interesting is that the article says HK is in trouble.
    I've been hearing HK is in trouble for years. Nothing so far has been solid. I'll believe it when I see the court documents.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,842
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    There is a SportCo near me. They are a big retailer. Decent prices, so not the full on Cabelas Rape prices. Not surprised people leveraged themselves heavily before the election, hoping to pillage poor unprepared gunowners. You can bet they weren't going to offer $9 PMAGs if Hillary won.
    A guy that is local to me, all the brothers own various businesses including a pretty fair size gun shop...so they had the means to do it when the opportunity arose, but they went super long into ammo and other things when Obama took office. They signed lots and lots of contracts to buy tons of ammo.

    The one brother that was in charge of the gun shop became very wealthy by locking in pre Obama procurement but charging post Obama prices.

    The guy is kind of an asshole but he made his money for sure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •