Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't belive everything you read on the internet...... He..heh..he..heh.

I've just become a H&K fan and have come full circle from Glocks and other striker fired pistols. Possibly because of age and reflex issues, but I'm getting back to my 1911's and my new H&K's. I especially love the USP line, but they have others that are newer that many folks would prefer over the H&K USP line.

One thing, I'm seeing on the net, and got a "vaguely" ass chewing for attempting this on one of the HK forum (Guru's) with 26K posts
    you would rather question than Jesus Christ himself. That being parts swapping. He may very well be a top 1%er when it comes to HK pistols and rifles, but he was wrong this time. He doesn't like being questioned, although he is very helpful to newb's to the HK's, so I'm not nocking him for that.

I bought a NIB 9mm full size, LEM model. It sucked, in my opinion, but other folks love them. I wanted a V.1 model. So a guy sent me all of his parts out of a new .40 cal. with trigger, hammer, and all of the other HK trigger parts, and asked me to sent the LEM parts out of mine to him.

Well, said Guru was wrong, and my thoughts that the frames were identical, even given everything being equal, a parts swap would change mine to a V1 with a safety, and de-cocker, and his to an LEM, using the original parts from mine. It worked beautiful, and now I have a full sized 9mm HK, with a Gray Guns reset reducer and slightly lighter trigger in DA or / SA mode.

The point here is that the frames and trigger groups, are the same, just in different length pistols and Cals. I had a 'Smith do the work for me as I was/am a true Newb to the HK USP's (now I have two) but yes anyone contemplating a swap, it does work. Strangely, to me, most people want to go to the LEM rather than a safety, de-cocker, then lighter pull in DA and SA. Beats me, but who am I to question another shooter and his/her weapons?

If you want to do a swap like that, know that whatever you might read on the 'net, it works perfectly. Now I have two very sweet HK's in 40C and FS 9mm

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 11 June 2019 at 13:51.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper