Downloads
    Uploads

Forward Controls Design MCF (MLOK Covers, Forward Controls)

MCF (MLOK Cover, Forward Controls) is a collaboration between Railscales and Forward Controls Design. Machined in G10, with the AA surface (All Angles, or dimpled) pattern we developed for our bolt catch (ABC/R), forward assist (LDFA), ambidextrous magazine release (EMR-A). The AA concept was not developed for aesthetics, but as a versatile surface that offers equal traction from all angles of approach (thus the AA designation). The AA surface can hardly find a better application than hand guard rail covers, where a user's hand can have multiple angles of approach, and hold the hand guard in different ways.

The AA pattern on the MCF is made of two dimple sizes and depths, a series of large perforations / drain holes are drilled along its length in the middle row of dimples.

MCF is available in two lengths: MCF-S (short, 3.2", covers 2 MLOK slots) and MCF-L (long, 4.7", covers 3 MLOK slots), both come standard with MLOK mounting hardware.

Width: 0.600"
    Thickness: 0.125"
    Length: Long 4.7"/Short 3.2"
    Weight: 0.3oz per panel
    416 stainless nuts
    3/32 Allen key required (not included)

http://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/MCF_p_164.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice. I like my rail scales and need more. I’ll be coming here when I’m ready to buy.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    After the Semper Paratus class I cringe when I see those yfs screws . I like the rail panels , any other colors coming ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    After the Semper Paratus class I cringe when I see those yfs screws . I like the rail panels , any other colors coming ?
    High failure rate ? Or ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    They're not on a critical component like a gas key, where failure can render it useless, but I get it. Made in Taiwan isn't a stamp that really instills confidence in a product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    High failure rate ? Or ?
    Like Eric said its not a big deal on non critical components but there is a very high probability of failure on things like gas keys & you would be amazed how many manufacturers use them on gas keys along with improperly staked carriers . I thought all my carriers were gtg til Will used an allen wrench and very little pressure unscrew my "staked" gas key , very eye opening .
    Duffy sorry for hijacking the thread but my carrier being so easily undone is very fresh in my brain , I know you use those amazing OCKS in your carrier and wouldn't use inferior screws and wasn't trying to imply you use sub par component as we all know your products are top notch .

Downloads
    Uploads
    These screws and SS MLOK T nuts are supplied by Railscales, for MLOK covers, they're suitable. We can explore other screws in the next run.

Re: colors, we'll play with Cerakote FDE and OD green shortly :)