Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?

Had a great day going through an estate sale that my buddy has gotten hold of, and deciding which guns that I that I might really want. I bought two, and walked away from two others that I wished I could have purchased.

A pretty nice Model 69 Combat Magnum L frame S&W 5 shot revolver with a 4.25" barrel. Trigger is smooth, maybe a little thin across for my taste for a .44 Magnum. Someone scratched the crap out of the plate on the right hand side, but it's otherwise in very good condition.

Could not believe that I got this beautiful nickel plated S&W Model 29-2 at a great price. .44 Magnum with a 6 1/2" barrel, and an "N" prefix, this gun was made sometime between 1969-79. Came with a beautiful pair of of Herrett grips, no factory grips. No box, etc. But just a beautiful pistolă.

I need to figure out how I'm going to get the 8 3/8" barreled S&W Model 57 that I had to leave there sitting on my friend's couch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are beauties.

Congrats on the new acquisitions. They definitely don't make them like that anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Those are beauties.

Congrats on the new acquisitions. They definitely don't make them like that anymore.
    Thanks! I really was fortunate that the prices were so reasonable. The Model 29-2 I really wanted; it's in amazing shape for a 50 yr old revolver. It's been shot, but not much.

The Model 69 Combat Master is probably 3-5 yrs old, has a superficial but ugly scratch on the side plate. But it's well-made, rarely shot, and amazingly handy for a 44 mag. Being built in an L frame makes it easier to grip and it feels more like a .357 mag instead of a 44. I got it for $400 with the package deal, so it has to come home with me.

I read your revolver thread. It sort of devolved at one point - no fault of yours - but I didn't read every post. Did you end up purchasing a 686? Or something else?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by apmcdaniel View Post
    Thanks! I really was fortunate that the prices were so reasonable. The Model 29-2 I really wanted; it's in amazing shape for a 50 yr old revolver. It's been shot, but not much.

The Model 69 Combat Master is probably 3-5 yrs old, has a superficial but ugly scratch on the side plate. But it's well-made, rarely shot, and amazingly handy for a 44 mag. Being built in an L frame makes it easier to grip and it feels more like a .357 mag instead of a 44. I got it for $400 with the package deal, so it has to come home with me.

I read your revolver thread. It sort of devolved at one point - no fault of yours - but I didn't read every post. Did you end up purchasing a 686? Or something else?

Yes, ended up with a 686... that thing is a nice shooter. I want to expand a little more into wheel guns, but for now, I like to see what you guys post, and of course Jerry with his Smiths and Colt wheel guns that always make me jelly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whoa those are nice. Been wanting to get a revolver for my mom since she has nothing and refuses to consider semi-auto’s despite anything I try and tell her.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Follow-up: The Model 57 .41 Mag was sold yesterday, and not to me. But that's ok; as cool as that gun is, he's getting in a S&W 625 .45 ACP "Model of 1989" very soon that I've called dibs!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by apmcdaniel View Post
    a S&W 625 .45 ACP "Model of 1989" very soon that I've called dibs!
    That is a great revolver, you're gonna love it. I purchased the one below "Model of 1988" the year they were released.

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    That is a great revolver, you're gonna love it. I purchased the one below "Model of 1988" the year they were released.

Love it! Great picture. I am really partial to those late 80s and early 90s Smith's, both revolvers and 3rd Gen SemiAutos. That's when I first started buying firearms. Thanks for posting - now I'm getting impatient! LOL!

I might have a problem...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always wanted one of those old Tactical models in 9mm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've always wanted one of those old Tactical models in 9mm.
    I picked up a Performance Center 45 CQB in 1999 (I put the nineteen on the date so UW wouldn't say eighteen

Was my EDC for over a decade ...

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    I picked up a Performance Center 45 CQB in 1999 (I put the nineteen on the date so UW wouldn't say eighteen

Was my EDC for over a decade ...

CQB! Love it - I'm only drooling a little. I've often seen them come up on Gunbroker, someday I'll bite the bullet and pay the price. Super-cool pistolă, Jerry!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha..ha.. got to love that Model 29, I believe Harry Callahan did more for the popularity of the .44 mag than Elmer Kieth did.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys should check out a new movie "Dragged Across Concrete". Mel Gibson uses a bigass revolver in quite a few scenes; totally reminded me of Dirty Harry. Good movie and the revolver was choice.