Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    283
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?

    Had a great day going through an estate sale that my buddy has gotten hold of, and deciding which guns that I that I might really want. I bought two, and walked away from two others that I wished I could have purchased.


    A pretty nice Model 69 Combat Magnum L frame S&W 5 shot revolver with a 4.25" barrel. Trigger is smooth, maybe a little thin across for my taste for a .44 Magnum. Someone scratched the crap out of the plate on the right hand side, but it's otherwise in very good condition.


    Could not believe that I got this beautiful nickel plated S&W Model 29-2 at a great price. .44 Magnum with a 6 1/2" barrel, and an "N" prefix, this gun was made sometime between 1969-79. Came with a beautiful pair of of Herrett grips, no factory grips. No box, etc. But just a beautiful pistolă.

    I need to figure out how I'm going to get the 8 3/8" barreled S&W Model 57 that I had to leave there sitting on my friend's couch...




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,794
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Those are beauties.

    Congrats on the new acquisitions. They definitely don't make them like that anymore.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    283
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Those are beauties.

    Congrats on the new acquisitions. They definitely don't make them like that anymore.
    Thanks! I really was fortunate that the prices were so reasonable. The Model 29-2 I really wanted; it's in amazing shape for a 50 yr old revolver. It's been shot, but not much.

    The Model 69 Combat Master is probably 3-5 yrs old, has a superficial but ugly scratch on the side plate. But it's well-made, rarely shot, and amazingly handy for a 44 mag. Being built in an L frame makes it easier to grip and it feels more like a .357 mag instead of a 44. I got it for $400 with the package deal, so it has to come home with me.

    I read your revolver thread. It sort of devolved at one point - no fault of yours - but I didn't read every post. Did you end up purchasing a 686? Or something else?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,813
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Whoa those are nice. Been wanting to get a revolver for my mom since she has nothing and refuses to consider semi-auto’s despite anything I try and tell her.
    -One Nation, Under God

    -"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,794
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by apmcdaniel View Post
    Thanks! I really was fortunate that the prices were so reasonable. The Model 29-2 I really wanted; it's in amazing shape for a 50 yr old revolver. It's been shot, but not much.

    The Model 69 Combat Master is probably 3-5 yrs old, has a superficial but ugly scratch on the side plate. But it's well-made, rarely shot, and amazingly handy for a 44 mag. Being built in an L frame makes it easier to grip and it feels more like a .357 mag instead of a 44. I got it for $400 with the package deal, so it has to come home with me.

    I read your revolver thread. It sort of devolved at one point - no fault of yours - but I didn't read every post. Did you end up purchasing a 686? Or something else?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, ended up with a 686... that thing is a nice shooter. I want to expand a little more into wheel guns, but for now, I like to see what you guys post, and of course Jerry with his Smiths and Colt wheel guns that always make me jelly.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    283
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Follow-up: The Model 57 .41 Mag was sold yesterday, and not to me. But that's ok; as cool as that gun is, he's getting in a S&W 625 .45 ACP "Model of 1989" very soon that I've called dibs!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Florida - Gulf Side
    Posts
    1,873
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by apmcdaniel View Post
    a S&W 625 .45 ACP "Model of 1989" very soon that I've called dibs!
    That is a great revolver, you're gonna love it. I purchased the one below "Model of 1988" the year they were released.

    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    283
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    That is a great revolver, you're gonna love it. I purchased the one below "Model of 1988" the year they were released.

    Love it! Great picture. I am really partial to those late 80s and early 90s Smith's, both revolvers and 3rd Gen SemiAutos. That's when I first started buying firearms. Thanks for posting - now I'm getting impatient! LOL!

    I might have a problem...



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,794
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I've always wanted one of those old Tactical models in 9mm.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Florida - Gulf Side
    Posts
    1,873
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've always wanted one of those old Tactical models in 9mm.
    I picked up a Performance Center 45 CQB in 1999 (I put the nineteen on the date so UW wouldn't say eighteen

    Was my EDC for over a decade ...

    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N. KY
    Posts
    2,709
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Ha..ha.. got to love that Model 29, I believe Harry Callahan did more for the popularity of the .44 mag than Elmer Kieth did.

    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    949
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    You guys should check out a new movie "Dragged Across Concrete". Mel Gibson uses a bigass revolver in quite a few scenes; totally reminded me of Dirty Harry. Good movie and the revolver was choice.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    283
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    I picked up a Performance Center 45 CQB in 1999 (I put the nineteen on the date so UW wouldn't say eighteen

    Was my EDC for over a decade ...

    CQB! Love it - I'm only drooling a little. I've often seen them come up on Gunbroker, someday I'll bite the bullet and pay the price. Super-cool pistolă, Jerry!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •