Downloads
    Uploads

Article on LODD of Officer O'Sullivan (Sacramento) and Down OFficer Extraction

www.vdmsr.com/2019/06/polish-that-badge.html

Since we don't have an LE-based sub....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just out of curiosity, was this in your AO?

As I read the initial report, I too though about an improvised breach with a cop car (good use for an old Crown Vic pool car). This incident should start a lot of conversations and hopefully spark change where needed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Article appears to be short on situational information. I get it....someone needed to be a thinker but everything is situational dependent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are we 100% sure they don’t have any doctrine for this? Seems like a department of that size in 2019 would. Having the tools is one thing, polishing up the badge and using them is another.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Just out of curiosity, was this in your AO?

As I read the initial report, I too though about an improvised breach with a cop car (good use for an old Crown Vic pool car). This incident should start a lot of conversations and hopefully spark change where needed.
    Not my AO, this conversation should have resulted in standard policies which should have been vetted through decades of application, clearly not the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Article appears to be short on situational information. I get it....someone needed to be a thinker but everything is situational dependent.
    Of course, no one knows anything other than the fact a downed officer was left for 30 minutes after being shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Are we 100% sure they don’t have any doctrine for this? Seems like a department of that size in 2019 would. Having the tools is one thing, polishing up the badge and using them is another.
    If they did have doctrine for this it needs to be changed completely, as I stated in the article, "hold for swat" is not a workable policy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m just kind of wondering what the configuration of the backyard was. Could it even support a patrol car rescue? Was there enough room?

Shields? Helmets? Level IV armor? Ability of the officers there to formulate and execute a plan?

Definitely lots of questions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I’m just kind of wondering what the configuration of the backyard was. Could it even support a patrol car rescue? Was there enough room?

Shields? Helmets? Level IV armor? Ability of the officers there to formulate and execute a plan?

Definitely lots of questions.
    Yeah lots of questions. I really hope they are forthcoming with info once they conclude their investigation. Since POS is alive it'll be a while before the trial and disco release even still. Something needed to have happened and nothing did.