Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    What a fucking shitshow! I'm not sure how to feel about current events, and I sure as hell don't know where to invest now. What an insane time to be alive.
    Cash.

For now.

Once we reach peak chaos then decide where to invest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LIACF up 20% today. Good to seem some movement in the PM/Mining stocks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where are you guys getting your metals from? Apmex, SD Bullion? Even though prices are up id rather have that than these worthless notes they keep printing

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use Gold State Mint.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    Where are you guys getting your metals from? Apmex, SD Bullion? Even though prices are up id rather have that than these worthless notes they keep printing
    I use JD Bullion most of the time. Apmex will sometimes have a good deal on their Ebay store but typically they are the most expensive vendor. No experience with Gold State Mint.

You can also buy directly from the big mints but I haven't done that myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think MD meant JM bullion.
    SD bullion
    Golden state mint
    Bold precious metals
    Scottsdale mint
    Bullion Exchanges

I have bought from all of them and they are all GTG. If your just starting out avoid Ebay for now (to many fakes) and it takes a well trained eye to spot the scammers. Go with 10 oz. generic bars, 1oz. generic silver rounds or American silver eagles, ASE's. Also buy a rare earth magnet and a scale to check your purchases. If you buy from reputable dealers you should be safe but always verify authenticity. If you can swing 15K just get a monster box of ASE's. Make sure you know if you will be charged tax when you check out, it will affect your CPOA, cost per ounce average. I refuse to pay taxes so I only buy whats not taxed in my state. Research liquidity, if the day comes when you may want to sell a little its good to have a plan and knowledge before hand. Avoid pawn shops they will offer you penny's on the dollar. LCS's, local coin shops or shops that exclusively buy PM's are the way to go. Download the JM bullion spot price app to your phone and buy on the dips. PM's are NOT an investment, it IS real money in every sense of the word. The spot price IS manipulated by TPTB and that is what is keeping the dollar alive at this point. PM's ARE a foundation to a financial portfolio, buy it, put it away and forget about it. DO not treat it like a stock or investment. The spot price IS not the true value, far from it.

https://www.jmbullion.com/tax/
    Last edited by Stone; 16 January 2021 at 14:14.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On Stone's recommendation, I buy mostly from SD.... occassionally AMPEX, because I just like how their bars look. LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bet if you had gone long on lead about a year ago you would be sitting on a fortune right now. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the replies. Wish I had bought more before the "plague"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just bought a few more gold coins from JM Bullion. They take ACH now which is nice; no need to write a physical check and send it to them for the best price. Seems like a good time to buy with the recent price drop. My guess is after the election things are going to go nuts, but you never really know. Time will tell, but in any case I personally believe the dollar will depreciate much more than Gold in the next few years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got back into the stock market in November but knew it would be a short run. Over the last week I decided to take my profits and have reduced my overall positions by 95%. Took some decent profits once again... The under lying fundamentals are NOT looking good and with uncle Joe steering the boat towards an iceberg a crash is imminent. Margin calls are at a staggering 800 billion and climbing (Thats not going to end well) and the SM to GDP is at 190%.

At 100% we are in a bubble so 200% is a train wreck waiting to happen. All the independent big name investors are saying the same thing and are sounding the alarm bells. Moved my positions into cash and have an amazing crash buy list. If you choose to stay in the ride down is going to be ugly, stay frosty guys...

ETA: Looks like the Dow has been down for five days and today was the worst. Cracks are appearing...

PM's will get dragged down as well so a good buying opportunity like a big dip might be at hand.
    Last edited by Stone; 27 January 2021 at 13:23.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone been following Game Stop shares? (GME)

Look at a 5 day chart. Less than a week ago it was $38 and now it's gone over $370 a few times already all within the past week.

Almost 1,000% return.

The back story is that Game Stop isn't doing so great so a few big hedge funds started shorting it big time. Then a bunch of gamers teamed up on Reddit and drove the price way up as a way to get back at them. So far the gamers are winning big.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Has anyone been following Game Stop shares? (GME)

Look at a 5 day chart. Less than a week ago it was $38 and now it's gone over $370 a few times already all within the past week.

Almost 1,000% return.

The back story is that Game Stop isn't doing so great so a few big hedge funds started shorting it big time. Then a bunch of gamers teamed up on Reddit and drove the price way up as a way to get back at them. So far the gamers are winning big.
    I've been watching this. I find it quite amusing. Many old codgers don't know what to make of it and are utterly confused. Sites like Reddit and all the Millennials are changing the game ... grab your popcorn

I'm going to move most of my 401k away from stocks later this week. Already moved everything else into cash-like funds ...

Waiting for another couple Gold coins to be delivered today as well

Louis Rossmann on YouTube has made a few videos explaining what is happening. THIS IS NOT HACKING YOU OLD FUCKING CODGERS! (yelling at our ancient govt idiots in charge):

Last edited by MoxyDave; 27 January 2021 at 15:38.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bidens first week in office, managed to kill one million good paying jobs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Bidens first week in office, managed to kill one million good paying jobs.
    Well no worries, they can just get unemployment or 15/hr in their next jobs.

Unfortunately, sometimes people have to get the stupid slapped upside their head before they realize elections do have consequences.