Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Investing in Precious Metals

Gold, Silver... Palladium, Platinum. What are you guys into ?

Where do you buy yours? Just thinking about diversifying a bit...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Silver. JM Bullion and Silver.com. Not actuall "ivesting" more of turning in useless paper for tangible assets.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Silver. JM Bullion and Silver.com. Not actuall "ivesting" more of turning in useless paper for tangible assets.

FT
    You actually summed it up better...tangible assets. I guess I’ve been realizing all my money is in lead, aluminum, and paper gains.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just started looking into this. Silver seems the place to start and work up to gold. You're getting charged a little over market value so buying in bulk is the best bet

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never invested in precious metals, but I have done A LOT of investments of many different flavors. Following.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    I just started looking into this. Silver seems the place to start and work up to gold. You're getting charged a little over market value so buying in bulk is the best bet
    Gold, although more expensive, requires more money to buy. So Gold vs. Silver is a wash. I wouldn't want to have a safe full of gold, because when "trading" for goods, things get more difficult to bargain with, VS. Silver. Although you have to carry less than silver, in a SHTF scenario, You're going to have a hard time buying goods with gold, and making change, you are also going to be a target to everyone who knows you're dealing in gold.

But diversifying between different metal is a good idea. I would rather walk into a dangerous place with some silver, say a pocket full, than gold. Good luck, no matter which precious metals you choose to invest in.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    T-Rex, Silver.com ships on weight, or free ONLY for orders of $3000. JM Bullion has free shipping on any amount, over $ 99.00 but, at least for me, charges me TAX. Order any amount in "CART" and check your cost per ounce. Often times you get a better deal over the other, depending.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 24 June 2019 at 16:59.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Silver is still hovering around lows. I the more paper money and stocks I have, the more I like the idea of tangible assets. I don't believe we're going to be in imminent danger of a 07/08 type of recession, but paper gains are so easily erased. I could see Silver picking up steam over $20/ounce.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick with Gold, and wait until it's back to $1200/oz. Gold takes up a whole lot less space and is much easier to transport. I like to keep an eye on it and buy an ounce here and there when the price is low. I only buy Gold Eagles and Britannias from Apmex, JM Boullion and Provident. Provident usually has the best prices, but I haven't looked in a while since the prices have been skyrocketing. I invest in the stock market when metals are high.

Some folks think they're going to barter precious metals when SHTF. Those folks are retarded. Most of my friends wouldn't recognize a Gold Eagle from an arcade token. I buy Gold for a long-term hedge, and I never have more than 10% of my assets in precious metals.

I'm not sure what charts you're looking at but Silver prices are rising too ... not a good time to buy: https://www.jmbullion.com/charts/silver-prices/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post

Some folks think they're going to barter precious metals when SHTF. Those folks are retarded. Most of my friends wouldn't recognize a Gold Eagle from an arcade token. I buy Gold for a long-term hedge, and I never have more than 10% of my assets in precious metals.

I'm not sure what charts you're looking at but Silver prices are rising too ... not a good time to buy: https://www.jmbullion.com/charts/silver-prices/
    I mean it's not $10/ounce, but it's not 30 either. But yes, it is creeping up for sure.

You're right, people who think they're going to trade bullion in a SHTF scenario are ridiculous. In a true SHTF, I don't care about your precious metals. I'll need food, water, bullets...strippers

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll need ...strippers
    We're back to needing paper money - dollar bills
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nevermind..
    Last edited by Joelski; 24 June 2019 at 14:47.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll need food, water, bullets...strippers
    Real estate is probably a better bet than metals right now ... Buy a strip joint! Ha!

Downloads
    Uploads

Depends on what type (of investing) you’re looking into

ROI/playing the market for buy low & sell high with “on paper” precious metals, or are you taking physical possession of the gold/silver as somewhere to sink cash as a hedge against inflation and currency devaluation

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Stick with Gold, and wait until it's back to $1200/oz. Gold takes up a whole lot less space and is much easier to transport. I like to keep an eye on it and buy an ounce here and there when the price is low. I only buy Gold Eagles and Britannias from Apmex, JM Boullion and Provident. Provident usually has the best prices, but I haven't looked in a while since the prices have been skyrocketing. I invest in the stock market when metals are high.

The folks who don’t recognize gold and silver won’t be the ones accepting it. Simple as that. This is why you don’t put all your eggs in one basket. I don’t know HOW the S will HTF, so I keep a variety of things stored from food/water, medical supplies, guns etc