Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice bump today... live spot prices: Gold Ask $1,845.73 +$26.36 Silver Ask $21.23 +$1.30
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Up again tonight to $22.65
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Up again tonight to $22.65
    I've noticed Silver Eagle prices are off the hook.

Got about 5k in Silver... APMEX tells me my holdings are worth like 7500. I'm not going to complain, but I probably won't be buying more right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Got about 5k in Silver... APMEX tells me my holdings are worth like 7500. I'm not going to complain, but I probably won't be buying more right now.
    Yup. Steady as she goes. I bought the obligatory 2020 eagles/etc otherwise I’m good for a pause

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sitting on some Silver. Going to wait 6 months or so and dump it all. I prefer Gold, it's easier to carry

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Yeah the premiums on the ASE's have gone ballistic ever since the US mint closed because of the coronavirus. There is still a shortage of silver out there since the mines have only recently re-opened and demand is still high. Even the generic bars and coins have higher than normal premiums. Good time to sit back and enjoy the ride...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I'm sitting on some Silver. Going to wait 6 months or so and dump it all. I prefer Gold, it's easier to carry
    Are you doing a GSR swap?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Are you doing a GSR swap?
    Not likely. I'll probably dump my Gold too and buy another property, or a new (to me) car. Been rocking my Scion xB for almost 15 years now ... starting to show its age.

Gold and silver aren't much good if you never take advantage. I could see myself sitting on the metals too long and missing the opportunity. Who knows where this market is headed ... so many unknowns ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gold hit a new all time high today. $1970 and silver is busting a move as well at $25.60

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems like the swings are a tad more wild as the cost has gone up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's just going to get crazier as we near the election. My guess is $2500 gold by November. Anyone care to wager a gentleman's bet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Silver is over $28

Time to sell? How does one do that?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought about selling, but the way the government is printing money... which I'm sure they'll ramp up again for the next stimulus, and my massive paper gains in the market, I'm going to Hold.

I know some of you guys that have been buying for years have massive piles of Silver and Gold.... will cash in nicely, but I've got a modest ... say about 8k in value right now. I'm going to see what the economy/election does in the next 6months to a year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Think it’ll keep going up?

How does one flip it anyways? I’m tempted to, I’ve already more than doubled my investment. Not that I bought a lot, but still.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sold a few ounces today and got spot for the bars, needed some pocket cash. Stay away from pawn shops, they will offer you pennies on the dollar for your silver. I use a local place that only buys silver and gold. Local coin shops (LCS) are worth a call, call around and find out who is buying silver and gold. in your area. Call and ask what they are paying per ounce on what you are actually going to sell whether its ASE's, bars, generic rounds etc,etc. Buy sell spread: its what they use to calculate what they will pay on a given day. In a nutshell, if the price is rising they should be buying at or just below spot for bullion(bars). $1.50-$3.00 over spot for ASE's. If the price is falling they should be about a dollar below spot for bars and about .50 over for ASE's. That's a general guideline in my area. ALWAYS CALL FIRST! And always know what spot is when you call and when you are in the store ready to sell. JM bullion has a great app for this. Silver is going a lot higher and if you don't need the cash then wait. At $35-$40 I would sell some if your not in it for the long haul.