Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    $30 silver, how high can it go on this run?

Downloads
    Uploads
    On one hand, I'm kind of glad to see GME and AMC return to normal, on the other hand, wanted to see it continue to burn for awhile to see where it goes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I sold off the last of my positions this morning, I follow my gut and so its served me well. I feel this titanic of a stock market is headed towards an iceberg..
    I'm out of debt except the mortgage and im gonna try and bang that out this year. Moved my positions into cash and will wait for a downturn. Better to be out a few months to early than an hour to late...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So LIACF suspended trading today... merger talks?

Stone, tell them we want $3.50 a share

If you guys took our advice to get into LIACF, it was around 80 to 90 cents a share. It's now over $2.50 and looking to be taken over. Should have been a nice profit for some.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure whats going on??? There was a huge write up in one of the business papers on them, maybe they are allocating more shares out to the public.
    Last edited by Stone; 9 February 2021 at 19:00.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So LIACF suspended trading today... merger talks?
    It says from what I have been able to find that this was a code U1 halt. Which is a foreign market regulatory halt. Further reading says that this company participates in the Canadian debt markets so they basically self reported to the equivalent of FINRA in Canada and asked for a trading halt. That request was then forwarded to FINRA (in the US) who halted trading in our OTC markets as it's not listed on any exchanges at present.

They (LIACF) apparently agreed to acquire another company (Plateau Energy Metals). I am not sure if they are issuing more shares or how they intend to pay for or otherwise acquire the other company's shares but it looks like about a 1:3 ratio for the share exchange (you get 1 share of LIACF for every 3 shares of Plateau). It's not quite 1:3 but more like every 3.4 shares of Plateau get you 1 share of LIACF.

None the less the trading halt was self requested but it filtered through a foreign regulatory body so it showed up in the US as a code U1 (Foreign Market Regulatory Halt)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fidelity (brokerage account) is accepting "Limit Orders" for LIACF at this time. I may be late to the party, but just put in an order.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah a merger would explain it, they halt the trading until the new stock price is figured out. Nice find Alamo...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yeah a merger would explain it, they halt the trading until the new stock price is figured out. Nice find Alamo...
    They don't always halt trading but with a small company like this they definitely would be justified in doing so. I read about it for a whole ten minutes...but knowing where to read is the valuable part

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any play around with penny stocks?

I’m not a big baller, but want to play around a little

Any hints?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe anything under $5 is considered a penny stock. I would suggest a brokerage account with a firm that does not charge a fee for each transaction (buy/sell). I opened one with Fidelity, only because they have my 401K. They charge a percentage of the total value of all accounts on a quarterly basis; and it is very reasonable. I decided not to go with a trading app like Robinhood because they may be subject to future scrutiny. Several large companies offer brokerage accounts with minimal initial investment.

The penny stocks I have now are AMC LIACF and ONPH. ONPH might not be a good purchase right now, as it has doubled since I bought. I believe it will come back down. I should have started this roller coaster when I first retired, just didn't think about it.

Let us know what you decide.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve been playing around with Stash app for a month, and just signed up for a Charles Schwab acct.

Pretty green..only threw 50 bux in the stash app to start.. up like 10 bux.lol

It’s limited as in what companies you can buy in.. buy can buy any % of one stock.

Idk much really..lol.. I don’t have much to put in at the moment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Any play around with penny stocks?

I’m not a big baller, but want to play around a little

Any hints?
    You should probably call the brokerage you want to use and ask them before you open an account.

Mine doesn't charge fees but I think if the share prices are below a certain threshold in price there is a fee, albeit small. You could get like half of a happy meal or something like that. They recently (past couple of years) re did the fee schedule so I don't know what it is now.

As far as I know Jerry is right. Anything less than $5 is considered "penny".

If you are talking about sub $1 stocks those typically are not going to be listed companies. By listed I mean they don't trade on any stock exchange like the NYSE or something like that.

Don't get me wrong. Companies start out at $10 and go down to .85 cents all the time on the exchanges but if they don't get the price up in a short period of time they can delist them.

Being traded OTC (over the counter) isn't horrible but you should read about it and how it works so you know what to expect before you get into that game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only problem you might run into playing with penny stocks is they trade OTC. You'll usually get hit with a trading fee, such as $6.95 for eTrade... which the one I throw my play money in. While $7 isn't a lot of cash, it will be a giant chunk if you buy $50 worth of a penny stock, and you have $7 tacked on.

Some Penny stocks you can take a flier on:

PVDG
    HQGE
    PLPL

You will likely not make any money on penny stocks, are they can be manipulated, and some are frauds, but it's funny you can own 1M shares of something for a few thousand bucks. Well, except on Schwab, because they have a 999,999 share limit

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I’ve been playing around with Stash app for a month, and just signed up for a Charles Schwab acct.

Pretty green..only threw 50 bux in the stash app to start.. up like 10 bux.lol

It’s limited as in what companies you can buy in.. buy can buy any % of one stock.

Idk much really..lol.. I don’t have much to put in at the moment.
    I sent you an invite on FB to a group where we talk about this stuff.