Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Until Brandon started sabatoging the economy I thought I was set. Enough divvy stock in my Roth and decent cash cushion for rainy days. Now I need to accept some risk for future comfort. I figured I could get by on 20% less divvy income so sold that much stock and added 60% of my cash that was going to shrink drastically if I didn’t put it somewhere. My brother is pretty sharp in the market. He made and blew close to a million before he was saved by AA. Now he is on the rise again. He made a convincing case for one stock. The only other time I took his advice I bought for $1 and sold for $22 a few years later.

So I’m all in for a gold mining stock (AUY) cheap enough that I could buy a lot of shares and looks to me like safe to hold for 5-6 years if inflation is as bad as expected. If it flops my standard of living will go down, but not so much that I’ll be living month to month. I’d make different bets if I were younger, but like Jerry long term isn’t a thing.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is why I maintain for young people, just putting your money in an index fund. Professional Money managers have a tough time consistently beating the S&P500

From 10-31-20 to 10-31-21 the S&P500 is up 42.91%

If you have extra money to invest, sure go ahead after you max out your 401k and IRA throw some money into a brokerage account and play with it. I'd rather throw an extra $8 into the market on a flier vs drink overpriced over roasted coffee at Starbucks.

But to your point Phil, my parents are in the same boat, they're into a lot more riskier investments because any day could be their last day. They're actually into BTC quite a bit (for them at least.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm feeling the "retirement squeeze" as well. I was set to quit working a day job in 5-10 years but man, this fucking economy ... the 4% rule seems dead, and who knows what's going to happen to the market, my savings, etc. Just goes to show you can never get complacent about money. Even if you think you have enough, there is always that bear lurking around the corner ...

Fortunately I've been working on a new video game, and hopefully that will turn out to be more lucrative than my day job. We shall see ... it's about a year from being finished. Check it out if you have an interest in gaming:

Absolute Zero on Steam

Downloads
    Uploads
    "A race known as the Snastipods has destroyed the Earth and enslaved its population." The only ones who got enslaved that were left after guys like me were killed, after a massive expenditure of ammunition are the democrats who thought weapons were bad... You know, the overweight suburban white women who voted for uncle joe even though they knew better. Hahahaha... Good luck with the game!!
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hahah great synopsis, maybe we'll add some fat bitches in there somehow Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    After a month and a half drawdown in uranium stocks, year end selling (tax harvesting) along with other market down turns, uranium stocks are setting up for a real nice uptrend after the first of January. Tomorrow may be the last of a closing window to get positioned in the uranium sector. Institutional money will be coming back in very soon which means fireworks in an already small market. Im in on:

UUUU
    UEC
    DNN
    ENCUF
    PALAF

GLATF

If you want to do an ETF I highly reccomend URA or URNM for the high rollers like UW

Heres one for you long term guys- "FLR" Small modular reactors (SMR's) WILL be the wave of the future. Fluor Corp. is one of those rare stocks you can buy and put it away and forget about it. Nu- Scale will be IPO-ing in Q2 of 2022, another one to watch... FLR owns 60% of Nu-Scale or will after the IPO and will be building all the SMR's for Nu-Scale
    Last edited by Stone; 30 December 2021 at 14:45.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I kinda think in the first few weeks of January there might be some market turbulence.

Institutions of various types are going to start executing a re-allocation of assets, but by mid February things should calm down a bit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    After a month and a half drawdown in uranium stocks, year end selling (tax harvesting) along with other market down turns, uranium stocks are setting up for a real nice uptrend after the first of January. Tomorrow may be the last of a closing window to get positioned in the uranium sector. Institutional money will be coming back in very soon which means fireworks in an already small market. Im in on:

UUUU
    UEC
    DNN
    ENCUF
    PALAF

GLATF

If you want to do an ETF I highly reccomend URA or URNM for the high rollers like UW

[/B]
    LOL, I'm small beans man. This house sucked up all my cash.

I keep buying a little UUUU every month, haven't had the cash to venture out to any other uranium stocks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    LOL, I'm small beans man. This house sucked up all my cash.

I keep buying a little UUUU every month, haven't had the cash to venture out to any other uranium stocks.
    Keep buying Uranium every month, sell it to Hillary every month for a profit, who will then sell it to Russia, Iran or North Korea. Reinvest your uranium profit every month and repeat. You'll be a Billionaire within 2 or 3 years. Excellent long term retirement strategy.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    ANY- Just dropped a bomb on the newswire, volume went from 4 million a day to 86million on friday!! One to watch....

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...440-BTC-Miners
    Last edited by Stone; 6 February 2022 at 09:20.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Silver and Gold are on the move! Palladium just passed mars! Copper and zinc are at all time highs and you know what that means... Aluminum just took off as well...
    Still an open window in the mining stocks...
    Last edited by Stone; 6 March 2022 at 21:50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Silver and Gold are on the move! Palladium just passed mars! Copper and zinc are at all time highs and you know what that means... Aluminum just took off as well...
    Still an open window in the mining stocks...
    My GPL and PLG doesn't agree with this LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    So how's everyone's investments been doing?

Shifted to some monthly dividend ETF's before the massive drop the last month. I'm going to ride this out on monthly dividends till the end of the year-ish and keep buying BTC every 2 weeks like I have been.

Enjoy the ride gents!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So how's everyone's investments been doing?

Shifted to some monthly dividend ETF's before the massive drop the last month. I'm going to ride this out on monthly dividends till the end of the year-ish and keep buying BTC every 2 weeks like I have been.

Enjoy the ride gents!
    I cashed out a little over a week ago. I am (as always) I am looking for opportunities and or entrance points.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My REIT stock is down in share price, but the dividend is holding up. The gold mining is up about 30% since I bought 6 mos. ago.

I don’t think the magnitude of the inflation crises is recognized by the general public or the market yet. When the fear really hits home I expect a lot of cash will be jumping onto the metals train.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode