Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The online dealers have been picked clean and thats just from folks like myself who have been stacking for a while. Thats maybe less than 1% of the population, take a guess whats going to happen when the world takes notice?? Except this time above ground supplys are all but depleted. I can see the online dealers getting one more large order re filled but after that its going to be dry for a while. The dealers are screaming at their distributors who have limited stock, the dist. are screaming at the refiners who have limited stock and the refiners are screaming at the mines who have cut way back on production since they lose money at $14 an ounce. The mines have no insentive to ramp up production at 12.50 an ounce UNLESS they can work out a deal with the refiners for them to purchase their silver at a higher agreed price, say $16 an ounce. Long story short, so buy the time the dealer gets it on their website its going to be an easy $20 an ounce to buy even though spot price right now is sub $13. ASE's are going for around $22 an ounce right now and the US mint has actually suspended sales because they have no silver. Going to get real interesting...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The online dealers have been picked clean and thats just from folks like myself who have been stacking for a while. Thats maybe less than 1% of the population, take a guess whats going to happen when the world takes notice?? Except this time above ground supplys are all but depleted. I can see the online dealers getting one more large order re filled but after that its going to be dry for a while. The dealers are screaming at their distributors who have limited stock, the dist. are screaming at the refiners who have limited stock and the refiners are screaming at the mines who have cut way back on production since they lose money at $14 an ounce. The mines have no insentive to ramp up production at 12.50 an ounce UNLESS they can work out a deal with the refiners for them to purchase their silver at a higher agreed price, say $16 an ounce. Long story short, so buy the time the dealer gets it on their website its going to be an easy $20 an ounce to buy even though spot price right now is sub $13. ASE's are going for around $22 an ounce right now and the US mint has actually suspended sales because they have no silver. Going to get real interesting...
    Good post.

I got one more order in for 20 oz's worth when it was hovering in the $15 range. Thought about buying more, but right now I'm going to stay very liquid as far as cash. This downturn has started to trickle down.

I saw that the Canadian and US Mints were out of Eagles and Maples. Gonna be interesting!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whew! Glad I got in an order this morning!
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got this from APMEX... along with a new $299 minimum order requirement

We are diligently sourcing inventory to fulfill your Precious Metals needs. We’ve purchased over 1 million ounces of Silver grain and bars, over 20,000 Gold American Eagles, thousands of Gold bars, and anything else we can find utilizing our many partners and mint relationships. Product has become increasingly difficult to source as the market becomes more volatile day by day. With demand as high as it is, our costs have risen substantially. We are diligently working to minimize premium increases while maximizing in-stock products.
    Stone called it... product is scarce and they're scrambling to find new sources.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sub $13 silver today.... buy it if you can find it and afford it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So WEVO... what are we investing now?

I dropped a modest order for silver in April, but haven't bought any since. Silver was hard to find and overpriced back then.

I just transfered 150k of 457 from mutual funds into AMZN, MSFT, and APPL stock. Will ride those stocks and the rest into index funds out for the immediate future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

I dropped a modest order for silver in April, but haven't bought any since. Silver was hard to find and overpriced back then.

I just transfered 150k of 457 from mutual funds into AMZN, MSFT, and APPL stock. Will ride those stocks and the rest into index funds out for the immediate future.
    I am in cash at the moment. I haven't had the time recently to do my due diligence. That said I think the market will be in flux until the election in November. I am pretty sure we will see more volatility in between then and now. For the most part we will be range bound for the next 3 months from the looks of things. That said I am considering a number of smaller stocks that have the trading volume but are showing volatility swings and look to exploit those 5 to 10% swings on quick trades.

On a fundamental level it is wise to be fully invested before the end of October. For that we have a little bit of time to do some homework. Once there is clear direction the market in 2020 will most likely do the same thing that it did in 2016 onward especially if Trump wins again.

I don't have any individual stock picks at the moment that I would feel comfortable going public with but that could change as I go through my vetting processes. The market as it sits now is very opaque for the time being.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some personal holdings that are under $5 a share:

IBIO
    KTOV
    SMSI
    UMC

I'm not saying you'll be a millionaire in 10 years, but they were low enough where I took some fliers. The last 2 are companies that maybe able to cash in on 5G. We'll see.

I took a couple of fliers over a year ago on Digital Turbine APPS, and Plug Power PLUG.

APPS I was able to buy around $5 a share, and then it went up and down for a year, until the COVID Crash, ended up buying more when it was sub $4. Ended up with over 2200 shares. Closed today at $12.80/share, but almost hit $14/share earlier this week
    PLUG I also have over 2K shares around $3/per. It closed at $9.50 today but it's been up over $10/share this week and last.

I think Digital Turbine will hit $20/share + and PLUG... waiting for them to be bought out by Amazon.

My strategy right now, I'm gonna ride the AMZN, APPL, and MSFT wave for the next 5 years. 40% of my contributions will be those 3, 40% on Index type funds, 10% on other funds, and 10% on small stock fliers.

Will shit crash again? Probably, but I'm going to stay the course, keep buying, and hope a little luck sprinkles in there.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm investing in mining stocks and exploration company's, Junior and mid cap miners. Bought in at the bottom at the end of march and as of today they are up between 5-229%! And the party hasn't even started yet. Me and the wife learned how to analyze a company's financials and figure out if they were worth investing in. I will put together a list if your interested of the ones we vetted and are doing well. I have actually put together a mining ETF of about 20 different company s. We are in gold, silver, zinc, copper and lithium. There is a handful of billionaires quietly moving into this sector...

https://www.gold-eagle.com/article/h...-mining-stocks

https://www.gold-eagle.com/article/a...mining-company
    Last edited by Stone; 8 July 2020 at 18:30.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy crap UW...why you holding out on the advice...

Seems like you are pretty versed in it..Me I don’t have any, never had any and wouldn’t know where to start...

Break out the insider trading info..
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 9 July 2020 at 03:44.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sticking to cash for the moment. I figure inflation is going to destroy the dollar in the next year or two so my money is worth a lot more right now. I spent the last 2 months buying basically anything I want, filling out preps, etc. Now I'm waiting for the market to crash again before I get back in. Everyone says "don't try to time the market" but we are in uncharted waters right now. I'm not smart enough to pick stocks, and I think the market is simply too volatile to make any really good calls right now. The market is so completely divergent from reality at this point, my belief in the stock market is almost completely broken. I already have gold and I can't stomach buying anymore at these prices ... we shall see!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I'm sticking to cash for the moment. I figure inflation is going to destroy the dollar in the next year or two so my money is worth a lot more right now. I spent the last 2 months buying basically anything I want, filling out preps, etc. Now I'm waiting for the market to crash again before I get back in. Everyone says "don't try to time the market" but we are in uncharted waters right now. I'm not smart enough to pick stocks, and I think the market is simply too volatile to make any really good calls right now. The market is so completely divergent from reality at this point, my belief in the stock market is almost completely broken. I already have gold and I can't stomach buying anymore at these prices ... we shall see!
    Dave,

100% agree with you man. This is definitely uncharted territory. This is why I'm staying with index funds and Trillion dollar companies that are not likely to go out of business in my lifetime. I think people are just dumping money into the market because they see the government printing so much money.

Saved a little liquid cash as well, but we call that the home build overage budget. The wife was more eager to spend on potential upgrades, but now leaning towards not tapping into the fund unless absolutely necessary.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Holy crap UW...why you holding out on the advice...

Seems like you are pretty versed in it..Me I don’t have any, never had any and wouldn’t know where to start...

Break out the insider trading info..
    I wouldn't say I'm well versed at all. But I spend a lot of time reading.

About 7-8 years ago, I noticed my 457 wasn't doing much, even though our financial advisor was always telling me, and everyone else on the dept our accounts look fine. John Hwang actually helped me realize not to let poor people manage my money. I say that in overly simplistic terms, but why is a guy who can't make money for himself managing millions of dollars? What's his portfolio look like? Oh he doesn't really have one? you're fired.

There is a lot of information out there, so I decided to educate myself a little.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't say I'm well versed at all. But I spend a lot of time reading.

About 7-8 years ago, I noticed my 457 wasn't doing much, even though our financial advisor was always telling me, and everyone else on the dept our accounts look fine. John Hwang actually helped me realize not to let poor people manage my money. I say that in overly simplistic terms, but why is a guy who can't make money for himself managing millions of dollars? What's his portfolio look like? Oh he doesn't really have one? you're fired.

There is a lot of information out there, so I decided to educate myself a little.
    This is the absolutely smartest thing I think ANYONE can possibly do.

Just figuring out 'what is available to me?' is a big deal. There are tons of people that don't even know the most simplest of options they have (or opportunities).

Having worked in big financial institutions before I've met more than my share of extremely successful people before. I've also met a lot of highly successful people that managed other people's money. And I've also met the former shoe salesman (true story) that was hired to be those people's manager.

Even if your money is with a big name you still need to watch it. Around 90-95% of all people entering into financial advising do not last more than 4 or 5 years max.

Most leave because of politics. Others stay because they have no other choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just was never around that stuff growing up... left school early and started building houses..that and no friends or family was involved.

Never had the extra capital to throw in... thought about it , but no one to lean on, so never did.

Wish I would of, hearing how good some of your guys stories are.