Downloads
    Uploads

Will Larson has passed

Will Larson of Semper Paratus Arms, has passed away on June 29th, 2019.

This was a a shock and complete disbelief for all of us. Will had been a great friend and guardian angel to FCD, I had always let him know how much we appreciated him and what he'd done for us.

Don't let things go unsaid, and assume it's understood.

We're a tiny shop that had benefited from Will's friendship and wisdom. Many FCD products have Will's fingerprints on them.

His passing is a devastating blow to those that knew and loved him, and to the industry that will forever miss his direct and frank ways of disseminating knowledge.

If you are able to, please contribute to the fundraiser we set up, and/or share this, let's come together for a great man that had done so much for so many.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/rsyh3-the..._co_campmgmt_w

Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Donated.

Sorry for your loss.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saw that last night. Huge loss to the community.

Will and I chatted pretty often, and I always enjoyed his mini-history lessons and random photos of some AR gunsmithing abomination. A true professional who knew virtually all there was to know about the platform and more. I regret not taking his class the half dozen times he was in my area. I always had previous obligations or child care to take care of.

Will, I'll always stake my castle nuts and make sure others are too!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn’t recognize the name till I saw his handle on M4C. I long contemplated taking a class of his to learn all the things I’m doing wrong. I enjoyed his input on M4C too.

Sad day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First Army Chief and now Gunz. The two men on M4C I respected most taken far too soon. RIP brothers.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was this man known as Iraqgunz on M4?

ETA: Apparently so. I liked his delivery and nuts and bolts explanations. Having been brought up and educated in similar things in a similar way, it was good to know there are still people who "teach and show you" rather than just "do it for you". Seemed like a great guy.
    Last edited by Joelski; 1 July 2019 at 04:26.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here man. The world is a lesser place without those two. Will was a friend of mine, and he influenced and taught me so much, both indirectly and directly. He will he missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    First Army Chief and now Gunz. The two men on M4C I respected most taken far too soon. RIP brothers.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Gofundme campaign has reached over $16K in one day, thank you guys for contributing and sharing.

In the early days of FCD, right after I left BAD, some I thought were friends couldn't bother to return calls and emails. Funny how that works when one is no longer in the position to be of use to folks. Many had stuck with me and my new company from the beginning, Josh and Will at Sionics, John at Rainier Arms, Brian at Tacticallink, etc., I'll always remember the early days and those that have been generous to us when we appeared to be inconsequential.

Will had always believed in our company, its mission and products. He had put us in touch with many we now call friends, and he never asked for anything in return. I'd send him a care package now and then to show him the new stuff we're doing, some he liked, the other he was quiet about. That was Will, he pulled no punches, he did not blindly follow any company or person, he had his own standards, and they were very high indeed.

The loss to the community is hard to gauge. Gone now is the voice of reason and wisdom against shoddy workmanship, quality and standards, gone now is the just assessment of gear and ARs regardless of name brand. It's as though the check and balance that kept manufacturers in line were removed.

His absence is significant.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was at Will's class @ KCSO in June and I was blessed to have met him & been able to learn from so much from his "no nonsense " style of teaching . Will gave out his personal cell # and told everyone not to hesitate to call if they had a question or needed troubleshooting , he was just that kind of guy .
    This is a huge loss for the Industry as he was a voice that carried weight for checks & balances and calling out chinesuim & sub par components & qc , which previous to his class I thought was only sop for "budget" brands .
    I and everyone that met or had contact with him are now better for Knowing him & he will be missed RIP Will Larson