Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

Haven't popped in here for a while. Lots going on right now. Just sold my house and will be moving. Definitely keeping myself busy...just haven't had a lot of time for my hobbies recently. Hope all is going well with everyone!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where and why are you moving? New job? bigger place?

This thread is worthless without pics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Where and why are you moving? New job? bigger place?

This thread is worthless without pics.
    Just moving the next town over. Getting out of my duplex and moving on to a larger space. I've been wanting to move for a few years and the wife finally relented.

Everything just happened so fast that I haven't had time to come up to breath. Listed my house, sold it in a week, feared we may be homeless in 2 months...then found this...

Closing date will be August 16th...on both properties.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! Congrats on the move.

I like how the Garages have tall ceilings. Is it just vaulted or is there living space above it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a living space above.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Diggin the low maintenance yard. Grats on the move; hope you live someplace free!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on the move! Very nice looking place.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    How much space you got between the neighbors?

Main reason why we are looking to move.

Downloads
    Uploads

Plenty of space here in Texas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Just moving the next town over. Getting out of my duplex and moving on to a larger space.
    Congratulations man!

Downloads
    Uploads

Honestly there isn't much...but it is much better than most new developments around here and is better than my current situation in a duplex.

The problem with housing around here in Lancaster PA is that the land is very expensive. A crappy acre here goes for $100k plus. For a developed 1/4 acre lot here you can be looking at $120k. Couple that with the farmland conservation efforts, and most houses around here are built very close despite having tons of open land around.

Around here, if you want a decent spot of land between you and the neighbors you are looking at 1/2 mil.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Plenty of space here in Texas.
    I know this is blasphemy, but every time I've been to Texas, other than the food, I thought it was just meh. The weather, the landscape, scenery, just all meh to me. Lots of land for sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Honestly there isn't much...but it is much better than most new developments around here and is better than my current situation in a duplex.

The problem with housing around here in Lancaster PA is that the land is very expensive. A crappy acre here goes for $100k plus. For a developed 1/4 acre lot here you can be looking at $120k. Couple that with the farmland conservation efforts, and most houses around here are built very close despite having tons of open land around.

Around here, if you want a decent spot of land between you and the neighbors you are looking at 1/2 mil.
    What was your place? Obviously you don't have to give me specifics, under 1/2 Mil? At least you can still get an acre for 100k per. Land is only going in one direction. As they say, there is only a finite amount of land available. I wish I had the time to property manage, otherwise I'd shift gears to that.

Congrats again, looks like a big house too!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is blasphemy, but every time I've been to Texas, other than the food, I thought it was just meh. The weather, the landscape, scenery, just all meh to me. Lots of land for sure though.
    There are a few parts of TX I’ve been to, that I like. But the vast majority of Texas is the ass end of nowhere, and looks like it.

As for land in PA, Lancaster seems to be one of the more expensive spots as it’s relatively developed, but there’s a lot of cheap land out in the sticks. It just takes some sacrifices to live out here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    There are a few parts of TX I’ve been to, that I like. But the vast majority of Texas is the ass end of nowhere, and looks like it.

As for land in PA, Lancaster seems to be one of the more expensive spots as it’s relatively developed, but there’s a lot of cheap land out in the sticks. It just takes some sacrifices to live out here.
    This is true and that is what I would have preferred...but. My wife is the opposite and does not wish to make those sacrifices.

Downloads
    Uploads

What was your place? Obviously you don't have to give me specifics, under 1/2 Mil? At least you can still get an acre for 100k per. Land is only going in one direction. As they say, there is only a finite amount of land available. I wish I had the time to property manage, otherwise I'd shift gears to that.

Congrats again, looks like a big house too!
    This place is just over a 1/4 acre. The house is 2150 SQ feet and it was right at 300k.