Time for more brain picking on you LEO or Military guys.

Every now and then I peruse Youtube or whatever and I found this video below. Starting at 7:15 he talks about slings.

Not that I am any kind of tactical ninja or whatever, but this was very timely as I did a lot of experimentation in the past and pretty much came up in my head with something very similar even down to the vertical grip (and why) that he has. Basically I feel like I have better overall control with a VFG rather than an angled one or just bare rail.

My sling of choice is the Magpul MS1. Quite a while ago I started looping the webbing through the stock and using the QD socket that is machined into the hand guard right near the barrel nut area.

While I am not raiding a house, I do need to drive a mule (the 4 wheel kind), climb fences, walk around or move and go through sometimes very thick pine thickets or whatever. Being able to tighten everything up so my rifle isn't flopping around is just great.

That all said is there any benefit to moving the forward QD point forward at all? I see some people who have the forward QD socket way out. If I was going to do that I would need to buy a couple of Mlok QD sockets but before I do that I would like to hear what some of you guys think or how you run your slings.

On another note along the same lines, my QD point spins all the way around if I let it, but I see some of the sockets out there are labeled as anti rotational. I guess that just means it won't rotate all the way around so your sling won't get twisted?

I am also wondering if the MLok QD sockets are or would be more durable over a long period of time than just the hole that's machined into the rail.

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions are welcome basically for discussion purposes...