Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I cut a piece of bike inner tube like a rubber band and put it on the stock so I can snatch the sling free when I want it

The bike inner tube stretches, but doesn’t break or dry rot like a regular rubber band. I also use them for pistol grip sleeves for the same reasons

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses.

So far I think with something very similar to what I have now will be a pretty good go to for MY purposes. 99.9% of the time I won't ever need to 'sling out' but I could practice that just for the hell of it. All of my sling action is going to be on short barrels so typically I won't be shooting long distances.
    You do you, as you know what you need, but something to keep in mind...slinging out, regardless of the weapon, isn't about shooting long distances necessarily. It's about steadying the shot without fatiguing. Maybe that means a small target area at 50m and not just a man-sized target at x00m.

It's just something to be aware of to have in your toolbox, even if it isn't normally applicable to your everyday use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    You do you, as you know what you need, but something to keep in mind...slinging out, regardless of the weapon, isn't about shooting long distances necessarily. It's about steadying the shot without fatiguing. Maybe that means a small target area at 50m and not just a man-sized target at x00m.

It's just something to be aware of to have in your toolbox, even if it isn't normally applicable to your everyday use.
    That's definitely something to think about. For sure. Thanks for posting this up. For real.