I recently finished up my second SBR and I am really digging the ambi lower I have.

I have two lowers that are SBR but now I am thinking about doing a few more while the waiting is short.

What other calibers have you guys done your SBR's in and how many do you have?

Here is my initial short list:

A 12.5 inch 5.56 just because I've always wanted one in that length.

A 12.5 inch 6.8 SPCII because the ballistics are awesome. The downside to this mags, brass, and bolts are not plentiful that I can see.

I've never been that attracted to 6.5 Grendel but I am open to ideas. Seems like it would be in the same boat as the 6.8 SPC.

If I decide "for sure" on one or two of these I might buy a couple of lowers and just SBR them and it might take me a year or two to finish them up but at least I will have the lowers.

What do you guys think? SBR more lowers or just use the ones I already have? That would probably be a lot more practical but I like having a whole gun not just a an upper :)

Also keep in mind that I like the tinker factor. I like the build and reload and shoot process so it's not a whole lot of tactical bullshit that is making me wonder about this.

I do have at least two more cans that I want and more like six but that's another story.