Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    That's interesting. Maybe I just had good luck or something like that. I run adjustable blocks on mine and I tuned it just right.

Does an adjustable block create the net effect of a smaller port size?

Anyway I run an extra power spring and an H2 with my adjustable blocks and they are very reliable.

Are you running a bleed off block like a Superaltive ?
    And yes an adjustable block is a sorta fix for an over gassed barrel or something like a BRT gas tube . Iv'e just found that personally the combo of an enhanced carrier /A5 buffer tube / green sprinco spring / h2-3 buffer offer the most consistent softest shooter in a sub 11.5 barrel especially if using a Sionics / BRT / Colt fbi hrt or some other barrel with a gas port meant for full power 5.56 loads suppressed at these lengths. Now obviously if your gun is running fine with your adjustable block why waste $$ on more parts , but if starting from scratch this may be a good way to go .

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you go SBR, 1 or 2 AR's are enough. SBR something more fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 7 shorty uppers and can’t remember if I followed through on a 3rd SBR lower or not. Too lazy to dig everything out to check. The latest crop of braces make it unlikely I will file for another. Frees up more $$$ for glass and cans.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Agreed , my friends think I'm crazy because I wan't to sbr everything bolt guns , lever actions etc.... . Maybe it's because I moved from Ca and went stamp crazy because I finally got a taste of fleeting freedom here in Wa . I also think that with the path our state is going they will be going after "braces" and having an sbr will be the only way to own anything short .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Such as? I'm looking for ideas. I'm almost sure that I will put together a 12.5" SBR. At a minimum I will build an upper.

What are your top 3 fun guns? SBR of course.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Let's assume NFA isn't an issue for a moment, if I had to give up all of my ARs except one, i would keep my VSeven 12.5". If I could only keep two ARs, it would be the VSeven and my Centurion Arms 12.5". One is configured as a Mini-Recce, the other with a RDS, and between the two (or just one that can be reconfigured), at the end of the day either one does everything I really need.
    I was torn something terrible when I built my first SBR. I was about 1/2 an inch from going 12.5 instead of 10.5 but at the end of the day I went 10.5.

Don't get me wrong I like my 10.5 but I still want a 12.5. After a few years of trial I think a 12.5 would be awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Let's assume NFA isn't an issue for a moment, if I had to give up all of my ARs except one, i would keep my VSeven 12.5". If I could only keep two ARs, it would be the VSeven and my Centurion Arms 12.5". One is configured as a Mini-Recce, the other with a RDS, and between the two (or just one that can be reconfigured), at the end of the day either one does everything I really need.
    I actually really want to give a 12.5” a try

I was shooting my 10.5” last weekend out to 400yds with 100% hits on steel and at 500yds (with my 1.5x ACOG), I was dropping 30-40% of my shots.

I wonder if the 12.5” with the extra boost of velocity, improved dwell time and all the other benefits would become my favorite

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of my biggest things regarding guns is to have a backup. Or two.
    Redundancy is a good thing to a certain point.

Same thing with cans. I have two 5.56 cans and now I need to be redundant on rimfire and 30 cal.

The main idea is to not get stuck out if something goes wrong.

Having 3 SBR'S wouldn't be horrible but I am inclined to not want to over do it on the AR platform. I do want to diversify some, or maybe a lot.

That said I am still a believer in doubling up on the general stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Such as? I'm looking for ideas.
    I'm gonna build an sbr 300blk bolt gun , another couple Akm's , an integral 10/22 , a large frame ar set for a 12.5 8.6CM & also thinking about a levergun .
    I would be all over a Saiga sbs if Wa allowed its subjects to have them .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post

I was shooting my 10.5” last weekend out to 400yds with 100% hits on steel and at 500yds (with my 1.5x ACOG), I was dropping 30-40% of my shots.

I wonder if the 12.5” with the extra boost of velocity, improved dwell time and all the other benefits would become my favorite
    You may want to contact Clint over a Black River Tactical , his barrels are reportedly getting velocities close to a 12.5 at shorter lengths . I will be using his 11.5 barrel set up specifically to run suppressed on my next build .
    https://www.blackrivertactical.com/c...ptimum-barrel/

Downloads
    Uploads

Noveske 12.5 Crusader Barrel. Best 12.5 on the market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    You may want to contact Clint over a Black River Tactical , his barrels are reportedly getting velocities close to a 12.5 at shorter lengths . I will be using his 11.5 barrel set up specifically to run suppressed on my next build .
    https://www.blackrivertactical.com/c...ptimum-barrel/
    The website shows all 3 of his 11.5” barrels are cut for 5/8x24 threads....that’s a no go for me

Downloads
    Uploads
    The website shows all 3 of his 11.5” barrels are cut for 5/8x24 threads....that’s a no go for me
    I probably should have mentioned that , I only run 30 cal cans

Downloads
    Uploads
    Goose egg..

Would like to do one 556 and a 9 mil setup eventually

Downloads
    Uploads

I shot a 10.3" Colt M4-profile barrel (cut from a 16") out to 500y with my Elcan on a near-zero wind day and was getting very reliable hits once I found the hold. But shooting the 12.5" seems to require less "effort" and finesse at that distance. On a no-wind day, 600y is boringly repeatable. Once the wind kicks up, at least for my shooting ability, I find 500y to be the limit for the 12.5", and if the wind is swirling, hit percentage goes down more so. But inside 500y, the thing (VSeven) just shoots so damn well.

At last month's 2-gun competition I shoot in, I was able to go 3 for 3 on a 10" plate at 300 with the CA barrel and a T-2/3xc off of a barricade. It's a nice little shooter, as well, for being a "fighting carbine."

Like I said, I've really enjoyed the 12" form factor and performance.