Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Check out this upper receiver and buffer wear... roll with it or ?

Hey fellas.. little backstory....and I’ll try to not make it as long as that Alamo guy...

Just a helped a family friends son..that grew up with ours..build his first AR..a 10.5” pistol..well that got met juices flowing as I had a running 10.5” pistol up until a year ago or so, as I robbed a few parts here, swapped some around and it ended up into a box of about 3/4 of a pistol..

So now kinda motivated to get mine up and going again..So I dug the stuff out and just checking it out

From the get go I had problems first with a Aero carrier...another funny back story for another day...
    So looking at the upper and bcg, it has worn slight grooves in the upper...this is under 500rds probably as I kinda got burnt on it and just put it away..

Alright so couple hundred rds with aero carrier, then swapped in a Rainier carrier.

Still chewing it up...now I know some wear is all right but in all the ones I’ve had, built or helped..never had one like this..

So #1 , how much wear is acceptable? Should I just roll with it or get a new one?

#2 stupid buffer face is getting beat up...from the retaining pin..not sure why as when you close the upper, the bcg pushes back the buffer slightly as it’s suppose to.. but it’s still beating itself up on the pin?

Ya ya on the spikes...I built this in 2012’ish and never touched anything since..lol..

Comments, suggestions, etc? I’m the broke bastard and always try to use what I can...till I can..I would of rushed out and grabbed one..but I need a hand guard, trigger and few small pieces still.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 22 July 2019 at 02:30. Reason: Spelling..