Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Damn, it's been a minute since I've seen a Black Hole Weaponry, Rainier Arms Select barrel... Let me look in the bin and see if I have a 9.5 floating around.
    I call dibs on any 416 or SR 16 uppers ya find rolling around in the junk drawer!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn, it's been a minute since I've seen a Black Hole Weaponry, Rainier Arms Select barrel... Let me look in the bin and see if I have a 9.5 floating around.
    Haha..ya this upper was built in 2013 or so..

It’s been a good shooter so far and it’s what I got for now.

Awesome

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I call dibs on any 416 or SR 16 uppers ya find rolling around in the junk drawer!
    With UW's junk drawer alone you can probably build 4-5 high end rifles...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any thoughts here fellas?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Any thoughts here fellas?
    Would backing the buffer tube out one turn leave enough lip on it to hold the retaining pin in place?

Do you have another brand buffer to compare the spikes one to? Trying to see the thickness of the part where the BCG contacts (from the side)

And as far as the upper goes....if TWO good BCGs are gouging it up...I’d lean towards out of spec. An Anderson/Aero/PSA one on sale might be a good purchase (worst case scenario if you replace it)

I’d love to find a 10.5” RA Select on sale/clearance somewhere

I'll likely put another 5k through this FN barrel and get an RA Ultramatch for it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Would backing the buffer tube out one turn leave enough lip on it to hold the retaining pin in place?

No, I already thought about that. That was the KAK tube and another MILSPEC does the sane

Do you have another brand buffer to compare the spikes one to? Trying to see the thickness of the part where the BCG contacts (from the side)

No H2’s but a few std carbine ones.. I’ll post up a pic later

And as far as the upper goes....if TWO good BCGs are gouging it up...I’d lean towards out of spec. An Anderson/Aero/PSA one on sale might be a good purchase (worst case scenario if you replace it)

Did you just recommend a Anderson on WEVO..lol

Are you saying the upper or bcg? As I was thinking about it this RA carrier has done both this to a aero upper and this fortis upper..

I’d love to find a 10.5” RA Select on sale/clearance somewhere

I'll likely put another 5k through this FN barrel and get an RA Ultramatch for it
    Answered

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure what your asking for 11b , but here’s a pic from of the t2 and std carbine buffer, their identical
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was under the impression (and I may have misread) that the upper was getting damaged by two different BCGs, not two uppers and one BCG.

Is there a bunch of wear on the cam pin portion that rotates under the gas key?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Not sure what your asking for 11b , but here’s a pic from of the t2 and std carbine buffer, their identical

That answered it. I was curious if the portion that above the spring that contacts the retaining pin was for some reason too thick. Doesn’t look like it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, no same carrier in both uppers

Don’t see any abnormal wear per say
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the top of the Bolt carrier worn? Trying to think what would contact both sides like that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the top of the Bolt carrier worn? Trying to think what would contact both sides like that
    Same... maybe I'm missing something obvious.

At this point, I'd just keep running it, if it indeed does work. It's likely only going to wear so much before it "mates" up with whatever is causing the wear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the top of the carrier, both sides are clearly visibly worn a lot on both top corners, where it rides

Same... maybe I'm missing something obvious.

At this point, I'd just keep running it, if it indeed does work. It's likely only going to wear so much before it "mates" up with whatever is causing the wear.
    That’s been my thought ever since I seen the wear happening right from the get go.

There not just rub marks per say, those are actual little grooves in the upper, easily can catch your fingernail on them.. Also looked back from an old pic I have, the 2nd groove in the right side is new/newer.

The buffer getting beat to hell bugs me also..just never had/built or seen any that had these problems.

If that all makes sense..lol..might just try the other lower I got and swap some parts around...again..

Downloads
    Uploads
    "At this point, I'd just keep running it, if it indeed does work. It's likely only going to wear so much before it "mates" up with whatever is causing the wear."

This. It just looks like over effect from tolerance stacking. Functionality will always trump wear and tear as long as its not to the point that it affects functionality. As long as it goes bang everytime, ejection is decent, locks back after the last round and hits where your aiming you should be GTG. BCGs need to dig in and find their sweet spot in the upper receiver, its steel on aluminum.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear ya guys..

It’s just bugs my ocd , guess I’ll just run this mofo till it has problems.

I’m a side note...Good recommendation on a different buffer spring, don’t know where this came from but it’s a noisy/springy mofo..