Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Old Betsy

This is my first and only AR build so far. BCM upper and BCG. Stag lower. Magpul furniture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those Magpul handguards look great - they add such clean lines to the gun. I wish they came in mid-length already!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can someone quickly tell me how to post pictures on a reply? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chase102798 View Post
    Can someone quickly tell me how to post pictures on a reply? Thanks.
    You need to upload your pictures to something like photobucket and then copy and paste a link from your album to here. Go register at photobucket and follow the menus. If you need more help, email me. billbryant@rap.midco.net

Downloads
    Uploads
    My first AR:

It just keeps changing.....
    Eventually it'll have a Wilson Combat 6.8 middy barrel on it and a Smith Vortex in stainless too. The upper/lower/CH are getting cerakoted right now..
    "Ever notice the sound of a gun being charged is the universal language of dominance?"

Why I own a Grendel: "You don't shoot 6.5 bullets. You toss them in the air, they go downrange on their own."

There are no such things as problems. There are only opportunities for solutions. And I've arrived at a solution for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's my first and quite possibly only AR15 type rifle I'll ever own. This one was fun to put together and though I'd like to build another lighter weight AR15 I'm not sure I can justify the expense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcrafter View Post
    Here's my first and quite possibly only AR15 type rifle I'll ever own. This one was fun to put together and though I'd like to build another lighter weight AR15 I'm not sure I can justify the expense.

Pardon my ignorance, but I have been looking into what kind of gas block I want. I was thinking I wanted a railed gas block such as the one you have, however I've heard they get really hot and you shouldn't put plastic on it because it will melt. Is that true in your case? BTW what gas block is that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info niner. I'm most likely the ignorant party here, but I enjoy the forums. This rifle has never been fired. The entire upper and LPK were purchased from Model 1 Sales. That was before I joined this forum. If I'd known more I probably would have bought something else, but the whole idea of building an AR15 was not mine to begin with. I was ordering a few 10/22 receivers a couple years ago and the FFL guy I was dealing with suggested it...

Anyway, I think the gas block is aluminum. It probably would get hot if fired fast enough. I think I'll be taking the Magpul BUIS off in the event I decide to fire it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Bill Bryant
    Last edited by chase102798; 13 November 2009 at 21:10.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^Thats nice!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by niner View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but I have been looking into what kind of gas block I want. I was thinking I wanted a railed gas block such as the one you have, however I've heard they get really hot and you shouldn't put plastic on it because it will melt. Is that true in your case? BTW what gas block is that?
    Railed gas blocks do get really HOT, but no hotter than a regular gas block. I have a Picatinny burn on the inside of my wrist from a railed gas block--like a brand of two rail slots--from my rifle slipping after shooting and I had my magazine in hand so I tried to catch it with the inside of my arm. Big mistake. Instant blistering of the skin. I build my new rifles with gas blocks under my rails when possible.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chase, thats a very nice set-up! R.K.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my first, please don't mind the trigger finger, again, it was my first.

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. Albert Einstein.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Randall.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My First AR, an Armalite 20" HB M15A2:

Bought it at 18. I lived in CT at the time so it had to be in post-ban configuration. I traded the upper for a 16" post ban, swapped the gas system out for an Ares Defense Retro Piston kit then ended up selling it on a whim. Hard lesson learned.

Fast forward a few years later and the wife and I made amends. She liked the AR I had, was pissed I sold it and ended up getting my 2nd AR and she bought her first AR.

Her first AR15, a Bush Master M4A3:

Our AR family: