A while ago I mentioned in a brief post that I was trying a new "Holster". In all truthfulness I have never found an OWB holster that was both comfortable, and actually did hide my weapon under a shirt without a ridiculous amount of "printing". Hell, it wasn't "printing" it ( guns) looked more ominous than if I had a MA 2 hanging off of my waste.

I knew the only way to get deep concealment was to go IWB. However I hated that for a number of reasons, you have to wear pants that are two sizes too big, along with belts that were too long, and a grip sticking in my side. Discomfort was hatred for me, and I didn't see how others could find it comfortable, especially driving (especially a cop or other similar person moving all day).

But several weeks ago I purchased a product that even I had to be skeptical about, and that was a "belly band", namely the " Comfort Tac" "holster".

First, this thing has a lining of perforated neoprene, and is the most comfortable piece of fire arm carrying kit I've ever worn. It is light, comfortable and coolest gun carrying device I've ever owned. It's adjustable to fit what I would believe is more comfortable than any belt/holster combo I've ever tried. The weight is distributed in such a say that the weapon feels almost non existent. Seriously, it feels less than a quarter than it's weight. Firearms that I am referring too are number 1 ( an HK USP .40 C, Glock 19's and 23's, and commander sized 1911's such as my RO Springer . I've not carried a full size 1911 loaded, or other heavy weight.

It is very easy to draw from, but weirdly a bit clumsy to re-holster. Not a big deal, especially with an HK with de-cocker etc.
There is an extra pouch and you can easily carry another mag, some folding money and maybe little more.

Anyway, if I had been apprised of this type of holster, I would have owned one a long time ago.

Cons: It's a bit picky to find just the right place you want it to ride before you velcro the thing together.
Also, mentioned before, can be a bit quirky to re-holster, but I don't particularly find that to be any problem at all.

I'm not one to recommend or damn a product, because I'm so steeped in the belief that one mans treasure is another's trash (the old saying, backwards), but one of the best things about this holster, is that I can have it on all day and night in a car seat, and barely notice its' there.

Finally, I'm tired of spending big bucks for something that does nothing to hide the fact that I'm carrying a weapon, or having to wear a shirt 2X bigger than I wear and walk along folks looking pretty much like a slob.

I rarely give any thing or one a rating of 10, from 1 to 10, but I've got to humble myself and say that this is a great way for ME,

to wear and use. I give it a 10.

FT