Downloads
    Uploads

Finally, a OWB "holster" that Works.

A while ago I mentioned in a brief post that I was trying a new "Holster". In all truthfulness I have never found an OWB holster that was both comfortable, and actually did hide my weapon under a shirt without a ridiculous amount of "printing". Hell, it wasn't "printing" it ( guns) looked more ominous than if I had a MA 2 hanging off of my waste.

I knew the only way to get deep concealment was to go IWB. However I hated that for a number of reasons, you have to wear pants that are two sizes too big, along with belts that were too long, and a grip sticking in my side. Discomfort was hatred for me, and I didn't see how others could find it comfortable, especially driving (especially a cop or other similar person moving all day).

But several weeks ago I purchased a product that even I had to be skeptical about, and that was a "belly band", namely the " Comfort Tac" "holster".

First, this thing has a lining of perforated neoprene, and is the most comfortable piece of fire arm carrying kit I've ever worn. It is light, comfortable and coolest gun carrying device I've ever owned. It's adjustable to fit what I would believe is more comfortable than any belt/holster combo I've ever tried. The weight is distributed in such a say that the weapon feels almost non existent. Seriously, it feels less than a quarter than it's weight. Firearms that I am referring too are number 1 ( an HK USP .40 C, Glock 19's and 23's, and commander sized 1911's such as my RO Springer . I've not carried a full size 1911 loaded, or other heavy weight.

It is very easy to draw from, but weirdly a bit clumsy to re-holster. Not a big deal, especially with an HK with de-cocker etc.
    There is an extra pouch and you can easily carry another mag, some folding money and maybe little more.

Anyway, if I had been apprised of this type of holster, I would have owned one a long time ago.

Cons: It's a bit picky to find just the right place you want it to ride before you velcro the thing together.
    Also, mentioned before, can be a bit quirky to re-holster, but I don't particularly find that to be any problem at all.

I'm not one to recommend or damn a product, because I'm so steeped in the belief that one mans treasure is another's trash (the old saying, backwards), but one of the best things about this holster, is that I can have it on all day and night in a car seat, and barely notice its' there.

Finally, I'm tired of spending big bucks for something that does nothing to hide the fact that I'm carrying a weapon, or having to wear a shirt 2X bigger than I wear and walk along folks looking pretty much like a slob.

I rarely give any thing or one a rating of 10, from 1 to 10, but I've got to humble myself and say that this is a great way for ME,

to wear and use. I give it a 10.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    All that writing and no pics...lol..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Link to product?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Link to product?
    Sorry, here you go....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cygkdEd1sCI
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. I just received my Crossbreed Belly Band system for a G43X. I like it, but can't say much about it yet as I haven't even worn it outside the house yet. But, I do like that it has a kydex holster for retention, plus CB is a top notch company:

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/m...d-package.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never tried Crossbreed holsters or "belly bands", so I can't comment on those, but I really like the Comfort Tac because of the breathable neoprene, an that it's stretchable, helping make it comfortable sitting, twisting and what ever we humans do on an average day. I like that they're machine washable so if you stink them up, you can wash them. I actually ordered two more tonight because they had a special for $19 and if you buy 2 the second one is $15 and some change with free shipping, so If washing one I'll have a spare. The second was to inexpensive to pass on, so soon I'll have three. I truly hope I don't find a flaw, or early wear or a reason not to trust them, after using them for about 3 more months. They , to my taste is the most comfortable, cool and OWB (but they can be used as IWB) device I've ever used.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Interesting. I just received my Crossbreed Belly Band system for a G43X. I like it, but can't say much about it yet as I haven't even worn it outside the house yet. But, I do like that it has a kydex holster for retention, plus CB is a top notch company:

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/m...d-package.html
    Does that one have a comfortable "stretch" to it, like neoprene or is it just solid (sort of like canvas). I know those folks make some extremely popular holsters. I'm into the neoprene because if I'm bending over to pick something off of the floor, or getting into my car, the band stay's comfortable. Really, it floats like a cloud with every movement I make. What I'm really concerned about the Comfort Tac is durability. I'm not sure if these (Comfort Tac) is going to last, given it's very light weight construction, but the perforated neoprene, like a wet suit, if is quality stuff, then I'd be happy as hell.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's pretty comfortable but it's problaby not as comfy as neoprene. I suspect I'll prefer to wear it over a t-shirt instead of against the skin. It's a heavy, elastic, nylon. I haven't worn it out of the house yet, though, so can't say too much. I need to order up one size.